IP gauge DIY $12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BryanX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just an other "money saving" DIY project

1. BCD QD nipple NPT 1/4 fitting $5-6
note: don't get the wrong one. keyword: NPT 1/4
微信图片_20230808005923.png

2. NPT 1/4 female to female $2-3
the one showne here actually cost more than the one I've bought, which is a one-way vavle (in the final pic) so search around.
微信图片_20230808010213.png

3. NPT 1/4 pressure gauge (200-300 psi) $4 (a Digital gauge could also be used, as it's easier to spot a IP creep)
300psi should be better, but 200PSI work just fine. I've heard the bigger size of the gague has higher accuracy. this one is 50mm in diameter
微信图片_20230808005624.png

4. some teflon tape and here you go. $12 in total include shipping.
微信图片_20230808010556.jpg

the conection is a one-way vavle, I had to take out the vavle inside. maybe it looks a bit bulky, but holds nicely in my hand. so : )

Dive Gear Express also has one for the same price, unfortunately I'm out of their shipping covrage. but $12 is still cheaper than the IP guage in my local online store.

Cheers

1. BCD QD nipple NPT 1/4 fitting $5-6
note: don't get the wrong one. keyword: NPT 1/4
View attachment 796021

2. NPT 1/4 female to female $2-3
the one showne here actually cost more than the one I've bought, which is a one-way vavle (in the final pic) so search around.
View attachment 796022

3. NPT 1/4 pressure gauge (200-300 psi) $4
300psi should be better, but 200PSI work just fine. I've heard the bigger size of the gague has higher accuracy. this one is 50mm in diameter
View attachment 796020

4. some teflon tape and here you go. $12 in total include shipping.
View attachment 796023
the conection is a one-way vavle, I had to take out the vavle inside. maybe it looks a bit bulky, but holds nicely in my hand. so : )

Dive Gear Express also has one for the same price, unfortunately I'm out of their shipping covrage. but $12 is still cheaper than the IP guage in my local online store.

Cheers
Alternatively, something like this may also be used:

Attachments

• IMG_9377.jpeg
    IMG_9377.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 59
Alternatively, something like this may also be used:
yes, especially if there is a IP creep.
but the delay with the digital gague could be a problem if any, or is there any?

yes, especially if there is a IP creep.
but the delay with the digital gague could be a problem if any, or is there any?
I have no experienced such a delay on this gauge. For the price, one could order 2-3 and pick the most responsive.

Edit: not* mine has been trustworthy and quick

I have no experienced such a delay on this gauge. For the price, one could order 2-3 and pick the most responsive.
I made a digital ip gauge....no problem with delays...and VERY nice to see creep.

I made a digital ip gauge....no problem with delays...and VERY nice to see creep.
ha, now you and Grantctobin just made me wanna get another digital one. o_O :D

just don't forget to take out the battery if you ever taking that with your in a check-in luggage. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom