Sold! New pressure checker gauges - not SPG

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1663206572499.png

'K. I got a fill whip from a diver off this board. He said it was several (many) years old. I liked it but it was a little stiff and the outer sheath started to crack and split when I used it a couple weeks back. So I took the ends off and ordered up a supple new hydraulicy hose.

So far, so good.

Well, when it got here, that's when the trouble started. See, they had made and sent two 5' hoses. Not the one 5' hose I ordered. So I got a free hose. Problem was that I only had one set of DIN fittings off the old whip. And two hoses.

Solution? I looked around for the same style connection with ring bleeders, not the big honking side wheel bleeders. Not readily available, but DGX (thank you, DGX) has a pressure checker that has just the right DIN connectors. And not all that 'spensive. So I planned to remove the gauges when I made the order and I did. The gauges are a little bigger than my liking anyway and I already made my own pressure checkers with 4,000# made in 'Murica welding gauges (smaller!).

So I have these and they need a new home (and maybe two more available if I order another hose in 2' for traveling and charging the pony for the first dive before the tank shop opens). I really have no use for them so I'm trying to find out if anybody could use them before I toss them out in the trash.

I'm not looking to make any money on them - I pulled the connectors I needed off. But I don't want to lose money on shipping. They're free if anybody will pay my shipping cost (USA, USPS Priority Mail fixed-rate small box ~ $9.45, I think.) Will take PayPal which with fees of $0.30 + 3% rounds out to about $10.03. Call it $10.00.

3" diameter with the rubber on it. Standard male NPT 1/4" threads. Face labeled up to 5,500# or 400 BAR for metrically-oriented folk.

If your old pressure checker gauge is tired or busted and these will fit and there's an interest, let me know.

I'm keeping the spare fill whip. Because two is one and one is none.

OMMOHY

I’ll take one. Please send me your paypall. Thanks!
DM sent.

OMMOHY

That sounds like an adventure!
I ended up with 2 transfill whips myself, one assembled from 2 parts from Ali-Express and it cost about $40. The other I got as part of a bulk-used-gear purchase. It might be work posting something in the DIY section. The "scuba transfil whips" commonly sold commercially are often $75 to $100 last I checked, and that was before recent inflation.

I'll adopt the other one if still around.
Paypal, Venmo both are good.
Still around. At least one, maybe two. DM me details on shipment and we can work out details.

Tracking info sent in DMs. Gauges gone - thanks for helping clean my workbench!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom