Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s odd, mine doesn’t leak; it shouldn’t leak at all, I think this would definitely throw the gauge off, but if it’s very small I don’t think it would matter.
It's hard to quantify how big the leak is, but the IP holds steady. I'm just not sure whether the leak is lowering the displayed pressure, and if it is, by how much. I was surprised that it leaked at all, so perhaps I got a dud? It eligible for a free return so I'll just do that and see if the replacement leaks and go from there. Thanks for confirming, and for the guide! That 4" winters gauge is a big step up from the smaller one I was borrowing from a friend.

Good job! I do like your mouthpiece adaptor. Consider that stolen...

For a manometer I use this from Amazon for $35.95. Click on this for a link!

1706978809112.png

For an IP gauge, I have both a large meter for the bench, and Scubatool's tiny one with all the adaptors for travel. Not everyone has a standard inflator and looking at your IP is a great start to finding out what's wrong with your regs.

Back
Top Bottom