2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah and LSU should have won last week but they didn't. One of the reasons I hate Georgia is they are so damn lucky in big games, especially against Florida, going back years. They played a good game last week and this week, lucked out on a fumble an won. Geogia so sucks.

I can not argue with the wisdom of this statement. :clapping:

That's why they call them "Lucky dawgs".

Good to see Murphy continue to lead and improve. I haven't watched the game yet, but I plan to.

If Chavis gets the defense back on track it's Katie bar the door. Geaux Tigers.

Tennessee should have won that game. But, if UGA had not had those injuries, who knows what would have happened.

The Gators are winning, but it's hard to watch.

We are down our top two running backs, top three wide receivers, and we're only getting two of those five back in the next few weeks (the other three have torn an ACL). Sweet Lord Pappy Johnson, this is bad. We may survive Mizz and Vandy, but Florida is going to eat our lunch with their defense and our lack of one.

Thank Dawg for Tennessee butterfingers, at least in the short-term.

but Florida is going to eat our lunch with their defense and our lack of one.
Nextin ya'll be askin' usen to thu-row ya inter da briar patch! Hain't dat right brer dawg? [/GeorgianD-rawl]

It's like playing Miami. We hate each other so much, that we will win in spite of any glaring and normally fatal short comings just to spoil the other's chances to get to the top. There is no underdog or dawg when it comes to this game. It's a back yard brawl with humiliating the other team as the only goal.

OK. The best Georgia could hope to have their defense reach this season is to equal Florida's defense (which won't happen). How good would you feel about the game if Georgia's defense were equal to your own, and you lost Trey Burton and two of your next best pass catchers (Dunbar? Robinson?).

Full disclosure: I don't know very much about the Gators' roster, so making the comparison of what we've lost and your roster is difficult. We lost our best 3 pass catchers (I would say Trey Burton was relied on similarly to Malcolm Mitchell last year) and our best two running backs.

I'm not trying to lure anyone into a false sense of security, a la Br'er Rabbit.

During those brief moments when the Gators play like mature young men who understand what they are supposed to do, I think the Gators can beat Georgia (we'll know more after the LSU game.) But too often our defense gets over zealous and costs us. Playing hard is good. Playing smart is better.

How good would you feel about the game if Georgia's defense were equal to your own,
Dear Brer Dawg, We lost our freakin' starting quarterback, what more do you want?!? How would you do without Murray? Still, when we meet a lot of things just don't matter. It's a brawl where intimidation and passion are more important than talent. There's no telling who will come out ahead until the game clock runs out.

But too often our defense gets over zealous and costs us.
Dude, they're ranked second in the country right now for defense. It's not our defense that worries me: it's our offense.

I love my Gators and always will. I am way happy with this season so far, but we are largely untested yet. Will our offense still be so highly ranked after we run the next four games? I certainly hope so, but these are the big boys. Murphy has looked incredibly poised so far and I hope that holds. It would be fun to make a run for the glory.

Pete you left out luck. The Dawgs are at their luckiest when playing the Gators. I can remember at least three plays at the end of the game that where WTF moments ending in Georgia victories. Oh the pain.

Tigers eat Gators for lunch by the way.

During those brief moments when the Gators play like mature young men who understand what they are supposed to do, I think the Gators can beat Georgia (we'll know more after the LSU game.) But too often our defense gets over zealous and costs us. Playing hard is good. Playing smart is better.

I'm interested, too. I'm pulling for you guys out of disdain for Mettandgropedher, but I'm interested in seeing how your offense deals with adversity. And I would love a large number of Gator defensive over-zealousness moments in Jacksonville. :)

Dear Brer Dawg, We lost our freakin' starting quarterback, what more do you want?!? How would you do without Murray? Still, when we meet a lot of things just don't matter. It's a brawl where intimidation and passion are more important than talent. There's no telling who will come out ahead until the game clock runs out.

Dude, they're ranked second in the country right now for defense. It's not our defense that worries me: it's our offense.

I love my Gators and always will. I am way happy with this season so far, but we are largely untested yet. Will our offense still be so highly ranked after we run the next four games? I certainly hope so, but these are the big boys. Murphy has looked incredibly poised so far and I hope that holds. It would be fun to make a run for the glory.

I think there are a few critical "lessons learned" that we have about Georgia from the past few years. Incorporating what we know about Florida:

- Murray, up until the SCU, UNT, LSU, and UT games, has never spit in the face of adversity and carried the team on his back this way. If he can do that against Florida, we win big. If not, and looking at Florida's defense I don't have an over-abundance of hope, then we go nowhere offensively. We have three years of Murray folding under pressure, and 3-4 games of him being a one man army.

- Georgia has not been good at defending a mobile QB in the Mark Richt era. Not Baby Rhino Jesus, and not anyone else in our conference (or OOC, see Tajh Boyd, Pat White, et al). And Murphy is looking damn good right now.

- Georgia, until the last two games, has not been consistently successful in Jacksonville.

- Mrs. Murphy's second grade kickball team could score 21 on our defense right now.

I hope you and Doubledutch are right and we're some combination of lucky and inhuman behind Murray. I just don't see it right now. If the defense holds Mizz and Vandy under 20 and we get Bennett/Gurley back, I will feel good about our chances. If not, my liver will resemble a moth-eaten shirt by the end of the first quarter.

Back
Top Bottom