2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was hoping more for Florida, Georgia, Auburn or LSU. Oregon is a Pac 12 team and any of the aforementioned teams could beat them.

Yeah right. . . Didn't the SEC produce that NFL star quarterback Teabow ??

& please tell me when little O last won a crystal ball???...........I'll hang up & listen to your reply........

---------- Post added October 12th, 2013 at 08:09 PM ----------

How many points are y'all giving UF for the LSU game?

B/R has LSU by 7.

I'll give you 10 and a half.......:)

Not all QB's make great Nfl players. Who was that QB from Florida State that won the Heisman and was not drafted? When given a fair chance Tebow lead Denver to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh. Tebow was one of the great college QB's maybe not so great in the NFL. What does have to do with the SEC killing the PAC 12?

What does have to do with the SEC killing the PAC 12?

That is a subjective call.

This is why I wish there is a 16-team playoff system and let's just put the argument to rest. The best 2 teams from P12, SEC, B1G, ACC, B12, Big East, MWC, and 2 at-large bids and just go at it.

Yep. Mr. Tebow (not Teabow) is a Gator with two national championships and a Heisman trophy. Oregon has ..... (sound of crickets)?

Mentioning the NFL in he SEC thread is a WHATABOUTISM that doesn't play.

That is a subjective call.

This is why I wish there is a 16-team playoff system and let's just put the argument to rest. The best 2 teams from P12, SEC, B1G, ACC, B12, Big East, MWC, and 2 at-large bids and just go at it.

Just give me 4--------all I want is 4..........

Just give me 4--------all I want is 4..........

In another 444 days and your wish is granted. :wink:

College Football Playoff

---------- Post added October 13th, 2013 at 09:37 PM ----------

But even with 4 teams, there will still be talks of what teams should claim the spots and lots of it will be left to the ballots/polls to decide, and that is what I really like to see eliminated or at least reduce its influence to a minimum.

Besides, a 16-team playoff vs a 4-team playoff is just a difference of 2 more wknd of CFB. I am not going to say no to that.

In another 444 days and your wish is granted. :wink:

College Football Playoff

---------- Post added October 13th, 2013 at 09:37 PM ----------

But even with 4 teams, there will still be talks of what teams should claim the spots and lots of it will be left to the ballots/polls to decide, and that is what I really like to see eliminated or at least reduce its influence to a minimum.

Besides, a 16-team playoff vs a 4-team playoff is just a difference of 2 more wknd of CFB. I am not going to say no to that.

meant to finish my post with '& it's coming--soon..'.....

The reason people want 2 from each conference is if they just had the top 10 five would be from the SEC in most seasons. That isn't fair either. Just go with a top ten play off.

Top 10 would be a step in the right direction but not far enough. It still leaves too much influence for the polls and playoff committee.

Just do it like the pros. Best 1 or 2 teams from each conference and go at it.

NFL went from a 4-team playoff to a 12-team playoff. It worked out so well that now they are thinking about expanding it.

MLB went from a 4-team playoff to an 8-team playoff and that is paying dividends for MLB as well.

Besides, if SEC does have the best team in the country, then as long as the best 2 two teams from SEC dominates through the 16-team playoff, the result will show for itself. And that goes for any other conference in the country as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom