2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jimi, but we have plans for the game (albeit viewed on TV) You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I went to Neyland stadium for a game once. It was very loud.

I sure hope we have our act together. A&M was a pretty good test for us. They have a good team, even if they are not ranked.

A&M and Mizzou both put up good games...just don't think they were quite accustomed to the defensive beating typically handed out in the SEC...Jarvis Jones was a one-man wrecking crew in the last quarter of the GA/Mizzou game. It's been fun watching UT put up impressive numbers the past couple weeks, but I'm not getting excited about anything until we show we can do it in conference games.

So I wonder what Mr. Richardson things of "old man football? Welcome to the SEC!!!! Now lets bring back Rambo and Ogletree....

I appreciate the season is still young, but whilst the SEC are looking like men amongst boys again, the PAC-12 are looking pretty handy too (quality inter-conference wins for Arizona, ASU and UCLA at the weekend).

As usual, the Big-10 appears to suck. No shock there.

If you didn't watch unranked LA Monroe beat #8 Arkansas in OT.....

Then you missed the best game of the night

sent using my Droid
sent using my Droid
sent using my Droid
:outtahere:

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 PM ----------

after the "smug-ness" that Texas A&M has presented to other teams in the SEC since "joining", I was glad to see Florida beat their ass.

Just wait till the play Bama and LSU and really get their asses wiped.

That Arkansas/UL - Monroe game was indeed a good game...actually found myself pulling for Monroe there at the end. That would have been a second overtime for most games...nice scramble for the end zone on fourth and one. I think the Razorbacks got caught looking ahead to Bama, eh. :wink:

That Arkansas/UL - Monroe game was indeed a good game...actually found myself pulling for Monroe there at the end. That would have been a second overtime for most games...nice scramble for the end zone on fourth and one. I think the Razorbacks got caught looking ahead to Bama, eh. :wink:

I definitely was pulling for UL Monroe. I've never been a fan of Arkansas for some reason. (not sure why.

Saw this Gif this morning of Arkansas's coach getting run over by UL Monroe. :rofl3:

Arky_YOLO.gif

That's hilarious! Yeah, I know the feeling...never been a big fan of Arkansas either.

I definitely was pulling for UL Monroe. I've never been a fan of Arkansas for some reason. (not sure why.

Saw this Gif this morning of Arkansas's coach getting run over by UL Monroe. :rofl3:

Arky_YOLO.gif

---------- Post Merged on September 12th, 2012 at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was on September 11th, 2012 at 07:33 AM ----------

Sorry, Insta-Gator...but, it's that time of year. :D

gators_cant_fix_stupid.jpg

well.... Texas A&M coach take a low shot at Florida after they got their asses beat.

Sumlin takes a slight shot at Florida | Saturday Down South

[h=1]Sumlin takes a slight shot at Florida[/h]

In a press conference yesterday, Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin was asked about his team’s conditioning for the first game of the season.

Sumlin said his team appeared in good shape for the opener after the postponement of the Louisiana Tech game.

However, he criticized Florida by saying “it wasn’t our team flopping around on the field in the second half.”

A reporter then asked Sumlin if Florida’s “flopping around” was because of conditioning or something else.

His reply was, “You were there”.

So, Sumlin thinks his team is better conditioned than Florida? Nah. He’s slighting the Gators and Will Muschamp and accusing them of “flopping around” to disrupt the rhythm of his offense.

well.... Texas A&M coach take a low shot at Florida after they got their asses beat.

Sumlin takes a slight shot at Florida | Saturday Down South

Sumlin takes a slight shot at Florida

In a press conference yesterday, Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin was asked about his team’s conditioning for the first game of the season.

Sumlin said his team appeared in good shape for the opener after the postponement of the Louisiana Tech game.

However, he criticized Florida by saying “it wasn’t our team flopping around on the field in the second half.”

A reporter then asked Sumlin if Florida’s “flopping around” was because of conditioning or something else.

His reply was, “You were there”.

So, Sumlin thinks his team is better conditioned than Florida? Nah. He’s slighting the Gators and Will Muschamp and accusing them of “flopping around” to disrupt the rhythm of his offense.

Soooo...that begs the question...if they were beat by a team that was "flopping around", what exactly were they doing? Apparently, something less effective than flopping around. :D

Soooo...that begs the question...if they were beat by a team that was "flopping around", what exactly were they doing? Apparently, something less effective than flopping around. :D

sounds like Texas making excuses to me for their own poor performance.

But then again... Florida is known for "Flopping around" on the field

from Florida

[h=3]1971: The Florida Flop[/h] The end of the 1971 game rankled Hurricanes fans for years to come in the series. Florida quarterback John Reaves entered the game looking to break Jim Plunkett's NCAA record for all-time passing yardage in his last regular season game. The Gators led the game throughout, and were up by the score of 45-8 when Reaves threw an interception to Miami's defense with little time left in the game and 14 yards separating Reaves from the record. After calling timeouts to prevent the Hurricanes from running out the clock, nearly the entire defense dropped down in unison and allowed Hurricanes back John Hornibrook to score. Dubbed the "Florida Flop" or "Gator Flop", the play allowed the Gators to get the ball back so Reaves could break the record. On the next drive Reaves would find Carlos Alvarez for a 15-yard gain to break the record, and after the game the entire Gators team jumped into the fountain at Miami Orange Bowl that was formerly used for the Miami Dolphins' live mascot. Hurricanes coach Fran Curci refused to shake the hand of Gators coach Doug Dickey after the game for pulling "a bush league stunt", though Dickey denied knowledge the flop was coming.[9]

[video=youtube;9_Uzu-wPFmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Uzu-wPFmc[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom