2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, you are so good a research I wouldn't be surprised if you drove a Miata.

:thumb: Good job on the flop research! I had actually forgotten about that (my freshman year...so I was pretty confused about a lot of things)

NetDoc:
Too phunny Mike... I guess when you're up 45-8, you can do crazy things like that.

yeah. I thought it was hilarious.

Mike, you are so good a research I wouldn't be surprised if you drove a Miata.

:no: Nooooooooo.... they are WAY too risky of getting totaled out if a grocery cart hits you in a parking lot.

Last edited:
Where is that quote from me found?

looking back at it... it was a cut and paste error. I corrected it. I meant to get your quote from the post above it. ( used cut/paste instead of multi-quote because I was already replying to Gary's quote).

It was a cut from something else that was still 'stuck' in my clipboard buffer and I apparently didn't copy yours correctly when I inserted it and didn't double check the 'paste'. apologies.

it's been corrected with the quote of what you said.

Pete was scratching his head wondering about the 'lost road trip' :lol:

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

Just heard on the radio ND is going to ACC and that will become 'the best conference in the nation'. Did I miss something??? And what movie is that cheerleader scene from? That was funny as hell!

Just heard on the radio ND is going to ACC and that will become 'the best conference in the nation'. Did I miss something??? And what movie is that cheerleader scene from? That was funny as hell!

:lol: best conference....

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

Cheerleader scene is from [imdb]The Replacements[/imdb]

that's partially true. (about the move, not the 'best conference'.

However, only part of their sports program is. Their football team is staying independent. Not sure why.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/notre-dame-sports-football-hockey-acc

Notre Dame joining ACC

Updated: September 12, 2012, 10:31 AM ET
By Brett McMurphy | ESPN

Notre Dame will join the Atlantic Coast Conference as a full member with the exception of football, but will play five football games annually against ACC teams.

"We have monitored the changing conference landscape for many months and have concluded that moving to the ACC is the best course of action for us," said Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame vice president and director of athletics, in a statement released by the conference. "We are able to maintain our historic independence in football, join in the ACC's non-BCS bowl package, and provide a new and extremely competitive home for our other sports."

The ACC does not offer hockey, so it is presumed that Notre Dame will go through with its planned move to Hockey East in that sport.

The Irish will join the ACC as soon as it can exit the Big East. The Big East currently requires members to provide 27 months notice to exit although West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Syracuse were able to leave earlier by paying a higher exit fee.

Notre Dame basketball coach Mike Brey texted ESPN.com's Andy Katz, saying "we're going," and adding that while no timetable has been established for the move, he is excited for the challenge.

Notre Dame joins Syracuse and Pittsburgh in bolting the Big East for the ACC. In February, the conference announced divisions for a 14-team basketball league, but it will now have to accomodate a 15th team.

"The ACC was founded on the cornerstones of balancing academics, athletics and integrity," said ACC commissioner John Swofford in the statement. " Our partnership with Notre Dame only strengthens this long-standing commitment."

The commitment to five ACC games in football will likely mean some changes for the Irish's football schedule. They already play ACC team's Boston College and Wake Forest and have renewed their rivalry with Miami this season. Pittsburgh is on the schedule this season as a Big East team but is moving to the ACC.

USC, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue and Stanford have been schedule mainstays recently. Navy, Notre Dame's opponent in Dublin, Ireland, this year, is a traditional game.

Along with inviting Notre Dame, the ACC also says it has increased its exit fees for the conference's schools to three times the annual operation budget -- which would currently come to more than $50 million.

Just heard on the radio ND is going to ACC and that will become 'the best conference in the nation'. ...

Token ACC fan here...not sure how that's the case but I suppose it depends on how you define 'best?' (As in...[stretching here] with Md, UVA, Syr, ND, UNC & Duke they'll be the best lax conference...best b-ball...maybe could make an argument to being best 'academic' [academic value?] conference...throw me a bone, will ya?) Not sure how I fell with ND being an 'almost' ACC member. From what I read, more than anything, I think Swofford's going to try to leverage it to re-open the ACC football deal for more $.

Back
Top Bottom