2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oooh, nice timing! I shot a quick video yesterday of some treadmill drills to help you increase your agility and foot work. Going from dreamill to funmill :) I will post in my blog tomorrow and share the link for your enjoyment :)

Oooh, nice timing! I shot a quick video yesterday of some treadmill drills to help you increase your agility and foot work. Going from dreamill to funmill :) I will post in my blog tomorrow and share the link for your enjoyment :)

That would be great! Thanks so much.

nogym.jpg

That would be great! Thanks so much.

Ran into some technical difficulties :( my apologies! I should have it ready no later than Monday. You'll get the link in this thread. I appreciate your patience and thank you.

good workout this morning. Nice sleeping in. My only day to sleep in till next Friday. Still, was up at 8:00 and ready to rock n roll. Week 1, day 4 (last one for week one). Good workout, but he snuck those Turkish Get Ups in there again today. I understand it's OK to cuss the whole way through them.
03.gif
Finished the workout with a nice mile run.

Awwee what a cute puppy! Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Jenny you are inspiring me :)!

Guests are finally out of the house! Sad to see them go but thrilled to be tossing all their cookies, chocolate and junk - happy to have the time/space for more exercise!

Slipped out Fri night for another 3km jog, and had more energy than the last one. Will try to up it to 4km next run. Looking forward to more time in the gym and swimming.

Excited to already have two days in the cave lined up for this week!! Life is good.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kathy, I've heard that one should not increase their exercise by more than 10% per week. Any more than that is begging for injury.
Yesterday got a nice run in. Hermit Crab got a pair of rollerblades and wanted to try them out. I ran. She rolled! So glad she was out doing it. She told me she hates running, so any exercise that she gets is a good thing!
Just walking today a little bit, though I was out in the sun for the hottest part of the day.

Coach, those videos are a big help. Watched a couple of them and noticed a big difference in my technique and the video. Will be nice to be correcting bad behavior before the muscles get to much memory.
Speaking of which. .LOL... while at the dog park tonight, I tossed a thick, but relatively light stick for one of the pups. It was about 2" in dia., and about 2 feet long. Decided I should throw it left handed. LOL. That was comical. Put it in my right hand, did the throw slow motion, then switched hands.. just to see if I could do it. :shakehead: Yes. I have a long ways to go...

Thanks Jenny, was at 4km before I caught this week long cold :). Feeling great now.

An hour work out last night on legs and lower back - free weight, a brisk 3km walk this morning.

Plan to run the 3-4km loop in a minute.

Diving tomorrow

Feels great :)

Coach, those videos are a big help. Watched a couple of them and noticed a big difference in my technique and the video. Will be nice to be correcting bad behavior before the muscles get to much memory.

Jenny, I've been getting excellent feedback on the videos. It is amazing how a little fitness tips for divers booklet has been evolving into a really awesome system. And wait till you see the goodies I'll be adding! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom