2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch.. Legs hurt a bit today but managed 3 hours of diving in the caves.

Chest/shoulders/Tri free weight to near failure tonight - 1 hour work out

3km run

Food was better.

yas mean, them trying to wrap their leash around my legs the moment we stop is not enough?? :D :D :D :D
Yeah, we're an awesome sight to see.. as long as we are going forward. The second we stop, chaos reigns! LOL

Good workout tonight. Got in week 2, day 1 of the C25K program. Amazing how a little cardio can kick your butt! I've been running 3-4 miles at a nice easy pace, but as soon as I picked up the pace on the C25K program, I am a huffing and puffing. Dogs loved it. They were off leash romping in the grass, chasing birds and sniffing things.

Once home, I did week 2, day 2 of the Kettlebell training. Lucky for me it was an easy day. The windmill again was challenging on my left arm, and only used my 10 lb dumbell instead of the 15lb kettlebell.

yas mean, them trying to wrap their leash around my legs the moment we stop is not enough?? :D :D :D :D
Yeah, we're an awesome sight to see.. as long as we are going forward. The second we stop, chaos reigns! LOL

Functional training at its best :)

Still to much pollen (4379) for running/walking. Decided to go to the driving range and hit some balls. Hit three large buckets (200 to 225 balls)

Doesn't sound like much of a workout, but try it. :thumb:

Soon as the pollen count gets to a reasonable level I'll try to get back on the C25K program. May have to start back at W1D1 :(

The secret to success is never giving up. :thumb:

I'm very pissed off at the moment. I've been eating well, not overindulging, getting out and about and was doing really well on my weight loss goal for the month and then yesterday BAM I'm UP almost an entire kg. No idea how or why but once again it leads me to believe that what I consume or do doesn't really make that big of a difference. And it really feels like a kick in the teeth to do things right and not get any-frickin'-where.

At least the beach walks have been fun
MAR12_129kja.jpg

Water retention?

Need to poop?

It all adds up. Don't be so hard on yourself. :D

Alcina, the weight is only one measurement (and I have to constantly remind myself of this also). Is your exercise routine getting easy, meaning you have mastered it? Need to go to more challenging things? How's the clothes fit? Are you sleeping well?
I've noticed that sometimes it takes a few days or longer to see the results of my good eating. It's not instant. Just about the time I figure the scale hates me, and I have a big bowl of ice cream I suddenly lose a pound! LOL You'll get there. You are doing all the right things. Keep the faith that this is a lifestyle change, not just a fad. And besides look how happy those pups are!!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Woke up this morning with some pain in my right foot. That's the one that I've had PF issues and have twisted that ankle a bunch of times. I am pretty sure that the run last night is what did it. It was those quick runs. I took it easy this morning, opting to walk the pups around the block. This afternoon, I realized that my ankle was not hurting, and I was itching for a nice long slow run... so 5 miles later, pups and I made it home. Very slow. In fact, I learned one way to keep it slow is to nose breathe. :) I feel really good right now, sipping on my protein shake, and will reevaluate in the morning if this run was a stupid move or not. Planning on kettlebell training in the morning too.

??? How do you run that long at a slow pace without the 'up and down' killing your ankles, shins and knees?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom