2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.. this thread has taken a nose dive. Hope it picks back up! I know I am partly to blame. That job I posted about back in June turned into another opportunity in construction. It really kicked my butt! Long hours outside left me little time to work out, or have the energy to work out. I got fluffy. :D. Now I am working a regular job again, normal hours, and have time to start working out again. I ran, very very slow the other day about 2 miles, maybe a little under. It felt good.

At 57, and wanting to get in shape, I decided to start swimming. It goes along with my diving as I love to be in the water. Raced bicycles in my twenties and thirties, was a runner in my teens until badly bowed tibias (and the regular shin splints that resulted from them) put an end to that. Can't really get motivated to get back on the bike, or to do much running. But the swimming has been good. That and cutting WAY DOWN on the amount of Coca-Cola I drink, has allowed me to lose almost ten pounds, with still another eleven to go before I reach my "fighting" weight of 165 lbs.

It's been fun losing weight after fifteen years of slowly putting it on.

Best,
-Tim

Congrats on your loss!
I have put a good amount back on from what I lost in 2011-2012.. Sigh. I look in the mirror and tell myself I need to exercise more.. then I grab something to eat. not good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom