2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)

Well dear Fitness Challenge crew, I told you I'd put a blog post and video about techniques to add variety to your treadmill workout and turn it from dreadmill to funmill!

HERE'S THE POST AND VIDEO

Please leave a comment on my blog if you like it and if you have any ideas or topics you'd like me to cover, I'll be more than happy.

Happy training and safe diving!

Whoo hoo!! Looking forward to it!

Finally got to see it! Ok, I was sweating just looking at it. Maybe treadmills aren't so bad after all!

Thanks Jenny, was at 4km before I caught this week long cold :). Feeling great now.

An hour work out last night on legs and lower back - free weight, a brisk 3km walk this morning.

Plan to run the 3-4km loop in a minute.

Diving tomorrow

Feels great :)

Wow, that's really fast.

^^^^ :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Coach, that was a pretty cool video. I'll try some of those moves as soon as I have the overhead harness installed over the treadmill so I don't kill myself :laughing: Actually, I'm not that agile of foot any more so .... :hm: maybe next video will be more 'gray' oriented. :D

That really was cool and I appreciate your encouragement.

Finally got to see it! Ok, I was sweating just looking at it. Maybe treadmills aren't so bad after all!

They are as bad or as good as you make them my friend. Just keep in mind that many of the good things have a learning curve, but that's what makes them so awesome for you! :)

Coach, that was a pretty cool video. I'll try some of those moves as soon as I have the overhead harness installed over the treadmill so I don't kill myself :laughing: Actually, I'm not that agile of foot any more so .... :hm: maybe next video will be more 'gray' oriented. :D

One of my clients will turn 70 next month and he is having a blast learning this and showing off to his friends, and I'm a big believer that our capacity to learn is near infinite. Make sure to strengthen and practice foot work on land first and then you can give it a shot.

By the way, you seem to have some ideas for topics. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to cover? I'll shoot another video if you do. It's always a blast.

I welcome your ideas and I look forward to helping you get in awesome shape.

Happy training and safe diving.

maybe it should be more GARY oriented!
:rofl3: :rofl3:
:rofl3:
:rofl3:

Coach, I tried some of that fancy side steps at the very end of my run this morning. Fun stuff.. though the dogs were confused! LOL

Pollen too high for running outside. Walked 18 holes of golf and my chest feels tight. I hate pollen season. The air is a thick yellow fog.

Nice play on alliteration Jenny. Yeah, I've got this not-so-good right knee what might decide the fancy stepping is a good reason to quit before I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom