2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great day yesterday. I ate properly and did two half mile swims. One in the morning and one in the evening. Trying to decide my plan of action for today. Do I stick with the two half mile swims or do a walk(weather permitting) and a swim or just one swim today?

So far I am down 23 lbs since I started, and if I eat and exercise I could lose another pound or two before i weigh in on Tuesday morning. My goal is to lose 46+ pounds by the the Scubaboard Invasion of Cozumel trip. Thats a little over 3 1/2 months from now and 23lbs. I think that is obtainable!

I used to eat half a pack of cookies at a time, and there was not such thing as just one donut. Quit buying cookies and I've only had one donut in about three weeks. My biggest temptation is my beer. :idk: Life is for living. All things in moderation .. yes .. no?

A life deprived is a life not lived.
So I guess you are going to be treating yourself to a week of living nd drinking during the Invasion? :)

So I guess you are going to be treating yourself to a week of living nd drinking during the Invasion? :)

Oh, yeah, buddy. Vacation time is, well, vacation time. I'm not so much worried about losing weight as I am about being in shape. I just turned 59 and would like to see another 20 or 30 years (or until the money runs out :laughing: ) I'm really looking forward to the invasion. We haven't been to Coz in a long time.

So awesome seeing you guys making progress! I think I will shoot some videos to give you some ideas to spice up your routines. Jenny, how is the Kettlebell program treating you? Looks like you are having fun! Go girl!

Took another walk last night, maybe 4 miles or more, a little too dizzy/weak still for jogging but think this cold is finally going away!

Hope to hit the gym for a gentle work out tonight or tomorrow ;-).

Lovin' the kettlebell program, even if introducing the Turkish get up on day 2 was pure evil on your part! :D :D :D. One day, I will be it's master!!! and after yesterday's workout with the guys, my little purple kettlebell seems, well, light! LOL

Lovin' the kettlebell program, even if introducing the Turkish get up on day 2 was pure evil on your part! :D :D :D. One day, I will be it's master!!! and after yesterday's workout with the guys, my little purple kettlebell seems, well, light! LOL

Mwah-ahh-ahh! The Turkish Get-up (TGU) is one of those exercises we all love to hate. Actually, Bob "Grateful Diver" Bailey refers to it as "the exercise that gives you the most bang for your buck"

One of my guys sent me his workout summary after doing the TGU and Half Renegade Row Combos. He did not quite use the term "pure evil" but a few more colorful choice words :)

kbfd-workout-two-wk1-heart-rates.jpg

He is not fond of TGUs either but he is loving how productive his workouts have been. And if it's any consolation, I did some TGUs yesterday and I did not like it either. Have fun Jenny!

Good to know I am not alone in my love of the TGU!

As I had no idea what you guys were talking about I looked up the Turkish get up - that is the most awkward looking exercise I've ever seen LOL No doubt it's effective, but even the guys demonstrating looked unco LOL

yesterday was housework and puppy playing for me. Picked up my foster puppy and we're having a great time :)
MAR12_108kja.jpg

in the car on the way home
preview_image_0_1303947.jpg

As I had no idea what you guys were talking about I looked up the Turkish get up - that is the most awkward looking exercise I've ever seen LOL No doubt it's effective, but even the guys demonstrating looked unco LOL
It rarely looks as pretty as the windmill or the two-hands-anyhow but its effectiveness is its ultra-cool factor. :) That is one adorable puppy by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom