2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SJ - scales suck :) I can vary by 2kgs in a day easily so while I do pay attention to the number, I go more by how I feel first, how my clothes fit second and then the number on the pesky scale. Good for you for getting out and doing stuff every day no matter what the machine says!

I've had some slack days lately (again LOL) but doing better and staying focused on some aspects of my life, so I'm still putting it in the win column. And I've revised my curent goal list so thought I'd put it here - you can help keep me honest! I've been doing this Goodbye Hello form for a while now and I'm finding it a pretty positive addition to my toolkit - and several friends who haven't been able to stick to plans or goals before are rockin' it.
Short term - by end March:
- goodbye 63kgs. I never want to see you again (and ps, universe, I want to be UNDER it not over it LOL).
- goodbye pile of personal paperwork I've been putting off.
- hello Africa shorts! Right now they are too tight and I want to be able to wear them again.
- hello renewed old friend. I want to reconnect with someone I used to be friends with & start spending time with her again.

Mid term - by end of April:
- goodbye fat jeans! I want to have these be baggy & ready for the donation pile.
- goodbye overstuffed office closet. It's past time for another good clean out & I'm giving myself plenty of time to do it right.
- hello arm & upper body strength. I want to be able to relatively pain free again & this only comes when my arms, shoulders & back are strong. Will be working slowly to rebuild and think giving myself a couple of months to reach the first goal is safe.
- hello black & white flowy dress I've never worn. Not only do I want it to fit beautifully, I want to go out and wear it!
- hello yoga! I want to be doing yoga either in studio or on my own at least three times a week.

Long term - by end of June:
- goodbye fat clothes. I want to have a nice big pile of clothes that fit now ready to be donated.
- hello happy weight/size. My "happy" weight as of about 5/6 years ago was 57kgs. I'm guessing that I'll be where I feel the best at maybe a kg or two heavier than that now that I'm a little older, so this is a little bit of a floating number for me - I'm putting down 58kgs but I'm not locked in to that number. I'm more locked in to feeling strong and lean - so if that's at 60, fine, if it's not until 56, fine, too.

Keep up the good work, All!

Love it!!!! Good luck!!

Did a very brisk 40+ minute beach walk with Til-Monster yesterday and we were treated to a lovely sunrise. After that, the day got away from me as I did all those non-exciting day to day things that have to be done. Had a client meeting at 2:30, went to a friend's house afterward and ending up staying for a few hours & a few beers just chatting while trying to keep cool - it was so friggin' hot here yesterday! So 1/2 productive and 1/2 more like a holiday day :D
MAR12_103kja.jpg

Wow, ok that was a challenging scuba class last week, was totally exhausted! Finished the class with a busted toe, a head cold and a totally exhausted body. Still a little under the weather but starting to think of fitness again.

Walked about 3 miles today and hope to be back in the gym within a few days :).

Love the pic, Alcina!!!

Week 1, day 1, kettlebells for the fit diver done!!
Got week 1, day 2 C25K in inbetween the kettlebell training. HC did very well, even if her attitude was like a teen! :rofl3:

Finally discovered my problem ... (thanks Stu)

beer fizzle.gif

Just found there is an Android app for C25K.

On my own I seem to do too much one day and too little(nothing) another day. Walking a 5K is a snap. Running it will take more dedication. :(

yeah.. that's why there is a program.. so you can do a workout without killing yourself and have enough that a recovery doesn't take so long.. :rofl3:

Hats off to HC.

Just finished Week 1 Day 1 using the App. The App works great. Prompts you when to do what, and gives you all the stats on your progress. :thumb:

C25K done properly is tougher than it sounds. It actually made me sweat. :laughing:

18:30 for 1.56 miles, pace 11:49, fastest interval pace 8:29, total distance 1.95 miles, total time 26:06 including warm-up walk.

Only thing I can remotely count as good for me yesterday is going out to a band and dancing my butt off for a couple of hours :) I'm betting that didn't counteract the homemade pizzas and several beers I consumed beforehand LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom