2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's OK, don't berate yourself too much.. I bought ice cream yesterday and it is over 1/2 gone!! Yeah. It's all me.. can't blame HC at all.
Now to get myself motivated to do week 1, day 2 or kettlebells. tomorrow gonna work out with the guys. I think they are planning on pushing a car! Then tomorrow night is week 1 day 3 of C25K. Sunday will be a rest day, Monday, diving. :)

I used to eat half a pack of cookies at a time, and there was not such thing as just one donut. Quit buying cookies and I've only had one donut in about three weeks. My biggest temptation is my beer. :idk: Life is for living. All things in moderation .. yes .. no?

A life deprived is a life not lived.

Workout hardly made up for all the ice cream I've eaten. But, it was better than sitting here on the internet eating more! LOL. Week 1, day 2 done. The Turkish Get UP was my weak point. You lay on the floor, with the kettlebell on your outstretched (upward) arm. Then stand up from that position, keeping that bell over your head. UGH. Repeat. Knew I couldn't do it with the 15lb kettlebell, so did it with the 10lb weight, and it was still a killer.

Most things that require flexibility like that are not on my doable list. All my life I've had trouble touching my toes. Now I'm pleased to just get below my knees. Hamstrings have always been very tight. In college I tried as hard as I could to stretch out and become flexible. Even did lots of gymnastics after hours, but just couldn't get to where I wanted.

Only dumb bells I have are 25# They work well for most things, don't think I could do your Turkish thing.

yeah. As soon as I saw it, I thought.. oh ugh, that will be my downfall. I did manage to struggle through it. Wasn't pretty. But got it done and really proud of myself for pushing through..

Lucky for me, I am pretty flexible. As long as I can remember, I can touch my toes, and/or place my palms on the floor. Knees almost don't bend! LOL hard to keep them straight and do that.

Almost looking forward to pushing that car tomorrow.

Got any barbell plates you're not using? I have 5 and 10's. Need some 15s and 20s..

No plates that big. Only bar I have is a curl bar with multiple smaller weights. Currently have 70# on it but have been slack on usage. Doesn't help that it's in the basement while everything else is upstairs. (note to Gary ... get organized)

Congrats on pushing through the kettle set. Why are y'all pushing a car?

Because we can.. LOL Different workout.
Off now to walk the dogs at the dog park before I do my workout.

AWESOME workout this morning with the guys. One is going to CA at the end of the month for a Jit-sui (however it's spelled) competition. David built a sled that can be pulled on the pavement, then put weights on it and we pushed, pulled, and dragged that thing. My first mistake was pushing too fast. More weight was added.:rofl3: I'm guessing the sled was about 20lbs, and I pushed 125lbs. We did 4 or 5 reps pushing it about 100 feet. Then we sat down and pulled it using our arms only, no feet or legs. Again, 125lbs. Did that 4 times, pulling it towards me, about 25ft. Then took off all but 75lbs and I got hooked up to a harness and dragged it behind me. I don't know how far I dragged it, 150 yards maybe.
Hoping Tom posts the photos to FB soon.

Oh, yes, we pushed the car. I only did about half of it though. Good workout!

today. Me pulling the sled without the use of legs. Upper body only. And I have the blisters to prove it! (15olbs)
420904_3523759938430_1405061437_3415253_1266902166_n.jpg

Getting it a little closer with 125lbs
421633_3523762178486_1405061437_3415254_934116146_n.jpg

Tom's son pushing the sled with 50 lbs.. (to give you an idea of what it was like)
420769_3523756018332_1405061437_3415251_332596971_n.jpg

My biggest temptation is my beer. :idk: Life is for living. All things in moderation .. yes .. no?

A life deprived is a life not lived.
I love a coldie at the end of the day...or three :) Especially this past week as it's stayed right around 100 until after the sun disappears! And I'm with you - I don't do deprivation, life's too short to deny myself things. I just try to be smart about choices in the grand scheme & don't sweat the small stuff too much!

SJ - that's such a neat workout!! Can't imagine getting bored with your variety :)

Chalk up a very active wedding shoot for me yesterday carrying a minimum of 10 extra pounds all day - and often 25+! I was shattered when I got home last night. Not sure where it all rates on the "excercise" scale but I ran, climbed sand dunes, did stairs & squats (omg my legs after a wedding!) and curled those cameras 100s of times LOL

I think I pick up a foster puppy later today so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, I am going to do some basic yoga to try to get myself back in alignment after yesterday LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom