2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very cool pic!!!
Ana:
Go for that workout u have, if you don't like it don't do it again but who knows... I like to do different things or even if I do the same exercises I mix them up differently.
totally agree. I try to mix up what I do with some weight training, running, biking, diving, etc.
Joy Joy! Today I finally got my kettlebell! 15lb to start. Should be good for a little while. Opted for the heavier weight only because I upped the weights on the barbell. Now looking for some 15# and 20# plates. Free is my preferred choice. ;0

Wanted to finish up in the yard with the chain saw, but it wouldn't start.. grrh. One of my buddy's is gonna take a look at it. Engine probably gummed up.

Well, today I did something I didn't think I could do at this point in time. I went on a 4 hour hike in a state park with varying elevation. I'm a little sore now, and expect to feel it a lot tomorrow. Still I feel damn proud that I did it!

that's awesome!! There's a meetup group of hikers and walkers, but haven't gone on a single hike yet. the ones I want to do don't jive with my schedule.

that's awesome!! There's a meetup group of hikers and walkers, but haven't gone on a single hike yet. the ones I want to do don't jive with my schedule.
Yeah, I was talking with a friend on facebook this morning and I let her talk me into going on the hike. I'm glad she did.

I am taking the day off from exercise. Ran 10 miles in the past 2 days. that's HUGE for me! The body needs a day of recovery. Was gonna play with my new kettlebell, but that can wait till tomorrow.

Stretches, sit ups and a 1.2 mile run/walk done. The running part doesn't hurt my lower legs like it did a week ago, so improvement noted. Now to build up to more distance.

Baby steps, more baby steps.

Didn't do much again today. Just can't give myself the kickstart I want.

Did head out for a 70 minute snorkel and then did some light upper body weights later in the afternoon. Topped the day off with good friends, Thai food and probably at least three more beers than I needed but they were oh so good since it was pretty hot here last night :)

Frogfish (aka Toadfish) | Exmouth Gulf | 2m | Panasonic TS3
MAR12_102kja.jpg

For my off day, HC and I started back at square one with the C25K. 60 sec. run followed by 90 min. rest. Have to find that oh so thin line between pushing too hard and being encouraging. As the mom, I miss it often.

That's a lot of rest. :laughing:

Sigh. Yeah, I know. But we didn't get out on Monday, and if we didn't go out last night, it would be Thursday night...

Last night was my weighin at WW. I gained a pound. Was doing so good all week. After the meeting (and the light workout for me) pigged out on homemade buttermilk biscuits with butter and, cinnamon and sugar. Scale likes me this morning. down 5. go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom