2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Girls. I know diving is awesome and I completely enjoyed every minute of the adventure (and it was a bit of an adventure yesterday LOL).

But I still need to do more activity each day and I'm just not. I know what the problem is and it's one of those things that I have to figure out how to live with as best I can. Tomorrow is a new day :thumbsup:

Today, I only worked half a day so I thought I would get tto the gym for an early afternoon 1/2 swim. I did the swim, but I kinda of labored with it today. Never got into a good rythm, and just felt tired. So I may do a short walk this evening, and use tomorrow as a rest day.

Now to the great news. I am happy to announce that I have lost 20lbs since January 15. I do not see my primary care doctor for another 2 months, and I would love to show up 30-40lbs lighter in 3 months time.

DiverG - 20 lbs!! That's fantastic and in such a short time, wowzers!

Chalk up another meh day for me - did get out for a nice 60 minute snorkel. Wanted to stay longer but my friend is on some new meds and they are messing with her a bit & she got cold so we came in. Found some cool stuff, though. She found this juvenile nurse shark all tucked up in the middle of a big coral outcrop - I probably would have missed it!
FEB12_181kja.jpg

Alcina.. congrats on getting out there and doing it even if not inspired. 60 min swim is nice!!!

DiverG! Way to go!!! that is a lot of weight! Congrats!

Me, I got a 3.2 mile run in this morning before work. Weight Watchers tonight and the results were positive. Down 3.2 lbs!

OMG, do I feel like a lump of 'unhealthiness' :shocked:

I remember in my youth knocking out 100 sit ups in no time at all. Today I did 20 and was huffing and puffing like an old steam engine. :crying:

New goal - 50 sit ups in one minute. Timeline: 60 days.

Need to work up to it so I don't throw out my back, but that's my new goal.

Between that and wanting to run a 5K sometime this summer .... maybe I'll be back into some kind of shape. I'm feeling really old right now.

Insta - don't you hate that feeling?! But I'm sure you'll be reaching your goals in no time :)

Had a redo of my goal chart yesterday morning as I wasn't feeling the love from my existing one. I'm hoping that with some reworks and more clarity I can start baby stepping along. We shall see.

Had a lovely 50 minute brisk walk with Tilly before sunrise and then took both dogs down for a 10 minute walk + 15 minute water walk (knee - mid thigh level) later in the day (Dora can't do the long walks anymore but in the water is great for her). Didn't eat very well for the first time in weeks - the food was really yummy but I didn't have as many veggies as usual - could not be bothered cooking at all. Went to the wholesalers to stock up on fresh stuff & will be making a big curry today that should give me a few meals.

Had to scare this guy off the screen door before we could go out - I don't mind the ta ta lizards but I hate these slimy looking skinks!
FEB12_182.jpg

today was supposed to be an off day. Just ride to school with HC, yeah, that's it. But when I got home, decided to pull some of the branches I cut down last week to the curb. Slight sweat not much. Shower. Work. Home. HC is doing the next phase in her C25K so I go with her. We do ok, missing the last run. That's OK, we were out. Mom and kid. Cool. Close to home, I go left while HC goes home, and I start running. This run by feel is a lot of fun. If I feel like running, I run. If I feel like something else, I do that. Well, despite being an off day, my body wanted to run (and the dogs thought it a good idea too!), so we ran. I kept trying to slow myself down. That's another aspect of the run by feel.. slow down!!! 3+ miles later, made it back home. Oh, almost forgot. When I run with HC, I strap two ankle weights together to go around my waist. :) I'm pretty sure it's ten pounds. Sweet.

Finished up the a yummy protein shake. 1 cup milk, 1 scoop protein powder, ice, handful of baby spinach, strawberries, blueberries, a banana, teaspoon vanilla and about a tablespoon of cinnamon. YUM!!

Sit ups, leg lifts, dumb bell work done. Sun is trying to come out, so I may get an outside walk done shortly (planned 3 miles)

Day two of sit ups was easier than day one. :thumb: I think I'll make my goal of 50 sit ups in one minute long before the 60 day mark.

Now to get in my 100 golf swings before preparing for my walk. :D

Reactions: Ana
3 mile walk with some running is done.

For those like me who have not run for the sake of running in ... well, decades, follow the plan laid out in the C25K program. I was feeling pretty frisky and decided to step it up a notch by running 1/4 mile, walk 1/4 mile, etc. After a 1-1/2 miles my Achilles tendons were screaming, so the remaining 1-1/2 miles was just walking to get the tendons stretched out. Seems there's a good reason to start slow.

(typical guy, can't follow directions)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom