2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picked up my running shoes yesterday. My feet love them. Old sneakers (in good condition) are going into the 'give away' bag.

Today will be day 3 of my 'walking build up' to starting my walk/running routine. Weather may not cooperate today, so it may have to be treadmill :( I don't like treadmills.

ohhh the dreadmill.. yuk..

they look boring.. actually, never really used one.. LOL

BTW, the female winner of last years Ft. Lauderdale 1/2 marathon did all her training on a treadmill.

I never feel secure on a treadmill. I like the stability of real earth/pavement under my feet. :idk:

Didn't sleep well last night and now I'm procrastinating on today's walk. Temp outside is dropping and the winds are gusty at 18 mph.

Looks like you guys are doing great!

Yesterday I did just over 45 minutes in a nice brisk beach walk with the Til-meister but didn't get out for anything else. We were out just as first light was starting and had to drive the beach road slowly to avoid the roos!
FEB12_151kja.jpg

Not sure where the day went. Kinda felt like I'd been run over by a truck. Did sleep the night before, but it was with very active & vivid dreams so I don't think I got much real rest. Feel the same way today but not quite as bad - shame it's blowing about a million miles an hour so no early morning beach walk for us. Wind is meant to drop later today so we'll go down for a nice swim & walk later, I think.

Finally got a new cord for my treadmill so hopefully will find the motivation to plug that in and actually get on it for a little walk, too. I love my treadmill - I bought one with a big running area and it feels very secure. I tried about 15 before I settled on this one as that insecure/unstable feeling was a big thing for me, too. I don't run so much as up the walks and vary the inclines, duration and speed. Strangely I don't mind doing a little interval running on the treadmill but on the road or beach? Blech!

I expect today to not be very productive on the getting the body moving front, but we'll see...

I never feel secure on a treadmill. I like the stability of real earth/pavement under my feet. :idk:
True! While running on a treadmill and running on terra firma may look similar, in reality they're two entirely different animals.

Picked up my running shoes yesterday. My feet love them. Old sneakers (in good condition) are going into the 'give away' bag.

Today will be day 3 of my 'walking build up' to starting my walk/running routine. Weather may not cooperate today, so it may have to be treadmill :( I don't like treadmills.

Walking is a great place to start Gator!

yesterday did about 2 hours of swim skill practice, lots of drills.

Today did about 700+ yards of swimming
Not a great swimmer but trying to get better - the drills shaved a full minute off the 400 yard swim - cool!
Also jogged a 4 K and walked another 1K to cool down

Third week off the elliptical and on to the pavement

first week it was 3k, 3k, 6k
second week 3k, 3k, 4k
this week 3k, 3k, 4k

hope it becomes a habit :)

Back
Top Bottom