2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to know I am not alone in my love of the TGU!
I've been coaching kettlebells for over 10 years now and I have yet to meet someone saying "Turkish Get Ups! My favorite, Yay!". The mere mention of TGUs bring collective groans but the smiles are big after :)

I promise to try to remember the benefits through the cursing.. :D

Yeah, stepped back into the gym tonight for an hour of free weights.
Chest/shoulder/tri and a little lower back - lifted to about 80% of max exertion - it felt great!

Ok, windmills done, sit ups done, C25K W1D2 done.

:confused: there's water leaking out of my skin. is that normal or should I go to the doctor?

:D

:confused: there's water leaking out of my skin. is that normal or should I go to the doctor? :D

That's bodyfat crying as it leaves your body. ;-)

Seriously guys, you are doing awesome.

I'll shoot a quick video tomorrow in a few ideas to spice up your workouts. I'll give a shout out to all of you :)

Yesterday was a great day exercise wise, but hard controlling the blood glucose. Had a high spike in the morning followed by several very low readings after exercising. Just think I didn't eat enough carbs. Did a 1/2 mile swim ans shaved off 40+ seconds on my previous best time.

Today started great with a morning weigh in and had a 2.4lb loss for the week. Did a 1/2 mile swim in the late afternoon. I told myself that that was all I was going to do today, but after dinner I felt like walking so I went for a 25 minute walk. Trying to take advantage of being off this week. Not to mention I'm going out of town on Thursday and am not sure if I will have the opportunity to swim or walk.

Ha, made it back from the tough weeks! Working out again feel so good! Did a 55 minute cave dive today and could feel the lacking cardo. So back pounding the pavement with a 3k run tonight, last night did an hour back/bi/ab work out in the gym.

Now just to clean up the food. No designer pizza with shrimp/avocado wasn't the best choice. Perhaps I'll chose better tomorrow ;-). it's a little challenging with house guests, but I'm sure I'll figure out something.

DiverG - great work!
kathydee - awesome!!

I haven't been going forward as much as I'd like on the whole movement front, but I keeping busy with the foster puppy and office work that has been neglected for a while. So + for mental stuff at least :) Hopefully I can convince myself to do more than beach walks, housework and puppy playtime in the next few days. We are having fun on the beach, though
MAR12_123kja.jpg

MAR12_125kja.jpg

awwwhhh what a cutie!!!! Looks like puppy had a good time!

Finished Week 1, Day 3 on Kettlebells on Tuesday and finished it off with a good 2 mile run. Took yesterday off, so to speak with an easy kayak paddle on the waters of Ft. Lauderdale. Nice easy paddle, good breeze and caught the tides both ways. Guess is about a 5-6 mile total. Taking this morning off (yawn.. didn't get to bed till after midnight) and am hoping to get Week 2, day 1 of C25K tonight.

It sound slike everyone is doing really well (as I pop my head in the door to have a look). I had a great interval run this morning (still on the treadmill here although it should be nice enoughj tomorrow to use the bike to commute to work). All the stats are here - Treadmill Run (Intervals) by colby911 at Garmin Connect - Details.

I will have to check out the Turkish Get Ups and see what that is about. I am doing Tabata's once a week, and that is pretty rough...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom