2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverG - as so many told me a while back, don't despair, these things just take time. Personally some days I admit I don't see any rhyme or reason to when I lose weight or put it on, but I'm sure there's an explanation that makes sense to someone, but in the meantime, I am just trying to do one day at a time and not concentrate too hard on the numbers!

I've been out diving for the past three days and it's been glorious. Lifting lots of tanks. Doing some beach walks, too. And keeping up doing my mini-core sessions every day. Since I returned from holidays in late January I've managed to shed 4kgs (8.8lbs) but still do not have the muscle tone that I had and want. So this month my concentration will be on making sure I'm getting enough protein (I've been terrible about this lately) and upping my physical movement each day. Heading out diving again today if there is room on the boat for me - four days in a row, haven't done that since my last diving holiday which was back in 2009 or something LOL

quickie photo from my trusty Panasonic TS3 from one of my dives this past weekend
APR12_210kja.jpg

Hope you are all doing great - been quite in here lately!

Another awesome photo, Kristen! Thanks for sharing.
Not much from me. Trying to keep from binging on stuff. Right at this moment, I am feeling pretty good. Did a little over 90 min. dive today and saw some cool stuff, so life is good. :zen:
Did some kettlebells last week, and haven't done that lately. It was the perfect workout. been running a bit lately, testing out the foot/heel area that I hurt about 6 weeks ago. Some days are better than others. Nothing too serious, thankfully.
Mud run this weekend coming up! Am so looking forward to a good fun run. Hermit Crab will be running too!

What up crew? Been awhile since I last saw you. It seems you have been all keeping up :)

Much better week this week. I'm down 4lbs from last week, and it didn't seem like I had to work as hard to get there. I think it is because I eat slightly better this week. My workouts were not as long overall either. Go figure.

DiverG - wow 4 pounds in a WEEK!?! That's amazing, well done! Have to admit to being jealous, for sure :)

Got out for two more dives, complete with lifting & hauling numerous tanks, yesterday. Really enjoyed the second one, first one was good but didn't shine as much for me - still better than sitting in my office!! Also got in two short walks with weighted backpack and one mini core session, so that was a good day. Didn't eat great - just not enough veggies or protein. Wasn't hungry at all. Have to do better on this and it's a goal for May.

Banners from my dive
MAY12_100.jpg

Hey Gang, if you have a chance, I'm offering a free Online Coaching session tomorrow on the topic of diver fitness. Time is 6pm Pacific Time. The link to it is posted in the Facebook page for the Fit and Healthy Diver Project. Hope you can make it :)

Did another two amazing dives on the 2nd - the first dive that day has to be in my top ten ever. So much action!! Check out my bloggy for some photos a little narrative and a short video, if you like :)

Hurt my back on the 1st but have been doing OK until this morning - it's about 100 times as sore as yesterday. And yesterday I took it pretty easy with only gentle walks and gentle stretches to try to keep it flexible. Not sure I can do even that today - every movement hurts. Might try to get to the ocean for a swim/snorkel and see if that helps it loosen up. I hope it feels better soon, I've got a fitness schedule to keep!! :)

My buddy with an overly friendly hawksbill turtle - he wouldn't stay far enough away to take photos most of the time!
MAY12_103kja.jpg

Hope you feel better soon, Kristen. Your photo reminded me of a turtle talk I attended last night, Dr. Kirk explained that Florida is the #1 site in the world for Loggerheads, has a 40% share of the worlds loggerheads! how cool is that? Next loggerhead you see could be a Floridian! :)

Mud run on Sunday. 5K of mud, obstacles, and more mud! Loads of fun!

Diving yesterday. 2:20 min. of bliss. Fantastic dive.

And this morning-
Excellent 3 mile barefoot recovery run this morning. Wow! Have not had such a good run in a long long time. Sweating without overheating, breathing good, but not hard, feet hitting the ground not too hard, and concentrated on listening to what the body wanted to do. I had 3 routes picked out- 1,2, and 3 miles. After one mile decided to go to two, and at two wasn't ready to go home just yet. Love it! Runs like today are the reason I love running!

Happy to report that I am down 3lbs this week. Started at 346.6 on January 15, and am now at 301.6. Next week I should hit my 1st major milestone of being under 300lbs. Within 2 to 3 weeks I should hit my 1st major goal of 50lbs lost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom