2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weighed in yesterday and I was down 2.6lbs. Down 36lbs since January 15!

Congrats!

I put some weight on over the winter, but the great news is all but 4lbs of my winter weight is off. I am still down 55lbs from when I decided to shed the weight.

Good job, DiverG!

I'm taking things day by day and having more good days than bad, so I'm thrilled with that. The ankle is holding up pretty well and I think this week I might try to increase my activity on it. It's a bit tender this morning a long day shooting a wedding yesterday (I think this is the BEST overall exersice I ever do LOL I'm so tired and every muscle hurts after one!) but it didn't get worse on our morning beach walk that we did at a brisker pace & for a few extra minutes. Scale says I'm down a bit today but I think the results are a little skewed thanks to not drinking enough water or eating properly yesterday so I'll likely check again tomorrow for a better feel of reality.

We got out before the sun did today and had some pretty amazing skies - can't believe this turned into the most delicate pastels only 20 minutes later!
APR12_156kja.jpg

Been taking it easy this week. Body says to rest. Did a 3 mile run earlier in the week, but the next day, me foot was bothering me. Today was on my feet for a few hours painting, then went to the church for the spring dance. It was the kids party, but a lot of us adults are friends, and the kids are friends, and the kids are OK with us being there.. .sooo.... we danced. LOL Tried to embarrass the kids. didn't work. LOL but it was fun, and got a good workout!

Kristen, nice photo, glad that you are getting better!

hey! Where is everybody? Ya'll out working up a sweat, right?? :D

Well, after the past few days of almost exercise, save for some hours on my feet painting, I finally decided to get out for a walk tonight. I know better than that. Getting out with the dogs off leash.. and I just had to start jogging. It felt good. So after I finished the up and back, about 1.4 miles, we went inside the park and I did about another mile round the inner perimeter of the park. Guessing one lap is about a quarter of a mile. Gosh it felt good!
Now it's off to bed and diving in the (early) morning!

Lost 2 lbs this week, but it sure seemed like a hard 2lbs to lose. Last Thursday I was already 2.lbs down for the week, then put on some weight. I though I was eating ok and doing my exercise but couldn't get the weight back down till this morning. Did lots of swimming on Sunday and yesterday to maintain my 3 months of continous weight loss. I'm now down 38lbs since January 15!!

AWESOME!!! WOW!!! Good job! I am down 4! LOL
Dive this morning good. Weight watchers tonight. Taking my shoes off, (and wearing jeans) I am down .2. Considering I ate out like 4 times since Friday, I am quite happy!!!

Way to go, Guys!!

I'm plugging away, day by day. Loving my beach walks with the dogs, doing my mini-core sessions at least once and sometimes twice a day and just keeping on.

Yesterday got the sad news that a friend died the day before, so that threw me for a big loop and I mostly just laid around and went through all the emotions for the whole day. Didn't do anything. Around 4:30 decided to go to the beach with the dogs and a couple of friends and we had a lovely peaceful walk for over 1.5 hours - exactly what I needed. Then didn't sleep too badly - that emotional exhaustion is good for getting rest, evidently!

I'm maintaining that weird weight loss that happened a few days ago, so I guess it wasn't a fluke and I'm good with that :) Now to get moving to conquer all the goals left for this month...only 12 days left!

And because it's me, I gotta post a picture - dragonfly from my beach walk :)
APR12_160kja.jpg

Am I all alone??

More beach walks and the evening walks have been gorgeous! I'm doing pretty well on my April goals so far and still have ten days left so I'm hopeful I can keep making small advances :) Only just over 0.1kg away from reaching my April goal and tried on the dress I wanted to have fit the other day - and it does :bounce::bounce3: I still have plenty of work to do to regain the strength and flexibility I've lost, but I can feel slight improvements in most areas of my body. Going to try to increase building strength starting today - very slowly as I keep reinjuring that ankle lately and my hands are playing up again, but slowly is fine.

Hope you are all having beautiful days and making progress towards your own goals

Evening stroll yesterday
APR12_171kja.jpg

Loving it when you are walking.. cause we get to see your beautiful photos! :)

Haven't been out much lately, it seems. So this morning when I rolled back over and hit the snooze button yet another time, I knew I wouldn't be running.. but I was wrong! Once all the body parts woke up, I went for an easy 2 mile barefoot run. First time I've ventured that far away from home barefoot. Turns out it was a good run. Some body parts initially complained, but by the end of the run, all were happy:) I just kept focusing on keeping it slow.
Oh, and I learned why I run on the sidewalk more than the swale.. swale = dog stops.. many.. they become untrained! LOL On the sidewalk they have "sides" to keep them going forward, on the swale, the "sides" are much larger.. and wow they can get twisted up in no time! LOL

Diving in the morning. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom