2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When! :)
What size do I start with? I am starting to incorporate weight training into my lifestyle. Have just started the workouts from the book "New rules of lifting for women." Will this be a contradiction?

Izzy, so awesome seeing you here!!! You inspire me!
Yeah, one of these days I will get those kettlebells! LOL

I spent last week-end at Coach Izzy's place and got introduced to kettlebells ... all I can say is "wow" ... I ordered a set the next day.

Besides giving you a LOT of workout in a short period of time, some of those exercises are just ... fun ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When! :)
What size do I start with? I am starting to incorporate weight training into my lifestyle. Have just started the workouts from the book "New rules of lifting for women." Will this be a contradiction?

Jenny, if you haven't seen it, check out coach's book ... besides a lot of great information, there's a chart in there that gives you some guidance on what size bells to order.

Having tried both the solid (standard) and hollow (pro) bells, I decided to order the pro style. They're a bit more expensive ... but I found them to be easier to balance and work with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No. Have not gotten the book yet, but it is on my list...sigh. Good to hear you are psyched to work with them.. and good to have you back in this thread! :)

No. Have not gotten the book yet, but it is on my list...sigh. Good to hear you are psyched to work with them.. and good to have you back in this thread! :)

You go Jenny and Bob! This in an awesome thread to keep each other accountable.

Jenny, go to this site to get the preview release of the book. All the awesome info is there but since the editor had not collected all his royalties yet, there are a couple of hic ups. I'm also donating half of the procedures to help a fitness trainer fighting cancer. It is a win/win for everyone. I have a couple of copies still left. It'd be fun to see you guys lifting and I look forward to your progress.

Keep up the great work guys! :)

3 workouts in 24 hrs!
Last night weights, and a run. This morning a long slow jog, and this evening a bike ride. All workouts were about 40 min long, the weight lifting and run most intense, the bike ride tonight least. My legs will feel it in the morning. Tomorrow, maybe a walk in the morning, but the rest of the day is rest.

Guess I needed one more workout today. :) I did a 2 hr dive!

Keep it up!! All of you working and posting about it here are doing something great! Not only improving yourselves but also being part of society making itself a bit healthier ...

You all inspire me. I followed last years thread. Not sure where you have the time to fit all you do into your day. Do any of you work? I finally bit the bullet and switched gyms. So I have a 30 min quick workout. Made it 4 days out of a 5 day work week. Do all the chores and stuff around the house count? :)

Turtle, currently I am unemployed, but that does not mean I have more time to exercise. I did not join a gym. I'm a bit on the frugal side and try to incorporate my exercise in everything I do. Mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, washing windows, mopping the floor.. you get the idea. I also have a couple very active dogs who need to go to the dog park and get that energy out. I found if I stand and chat, my dogs don't run. So I keep moving, walking, running, sprinting. The dogs don't care. I do my thing, they kinda hang with me. Pushups are hard though at the dog park.You are almost guaranteed a big sloppy kiss! LOL
I'm about ready to grab the bike and go for a 40 min spin. Then may jump in my pool and do some stretches. At least that is the plan. :) LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom