2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

owee owee oweee! I hurt. being fat doesn't hurt, why should being slim

Weigh in last night. Down 1.4!!!! It's a start.. If I keep that up I will be svelt by summer! O-la-la!!

Well. at least well on my way..:)

Down 2.5lbs. and like Koozemani I am SORE!

Had a nice run at the bigger dog park last night. I can actually get some strides in before having to make a turn--unlike the smaller dog park. Made it one lap. Hope to increase it slowly, as the feet allow. Ran with my VFFs. Decided no barefoot is the better choice at the dog parks... to much BSS...
When I got home, I did wii Sports Active. I really tried to push myself, and felt really good when the workout was over.

thoughts on weightloss/healthy living:
If I want to be active, I need to eat like an active person.
Small bits. Eat slow.

I am feeling much better. More energy, more focused. Camping this weekend. New challenge. Plan what I want to eat now to avoid the pitfalls and binges. On that note, I am saving up my extra food points for the weekend. :wink:

Way to go, Jenny, Queen, and Kooze! It's harder to be slim than "plump." Once we get over the mindset that comfort foods make us feel better and realize it's a myth, eating the right foods becomes easier (or so I'm telling myself).

My exercise today was doing laundry (including curtains and rugs), washing the ceiling and everything in my kitchen and the walls due to a fire I started last night when I fell asleep while cooking. NEVER, EVER, decide you're going to make anything past 11:00 PM.....LOL. Especially after you've taken sleeping medicine and decide you're not quite ready to go to bed.

WOW! Glad you are OK and nothing more serious than some laundry and some cleaning. An angel got early retirement last night!

Thanks for all the messages about my quit smoking, I am still smoke free (13 days now) its getting easier, but at same time, getting harder to resit lighting up.

Did you take teh P90x fitness test and pass it? I looked at that program and it seems to be for those already in pretty good shape and just want to up their game from average workouts to extreme.

As for taking the test, no, sorry I did not take the test, I know I would fail at that, way out shape. It is why I am modifying it a bit. Instead of going through the whole 90 day work out plan of 3 weeks one set of routines and 4th week a different set of routines, etc, etc, etc. I am only going to be using 3 different sections (DVDs) for my p90X workout. All more geared to making me more fit and tuned. Once I accomplish getting myself into shape I will move up and do the whole 90 day program.

Weighed in this morning @ 214.6 lb, so down 1.2 for the week. I am 20 weeks into my program, starting at 250.0, for a total loss of 35.4 lb overall.

I had four deepish dives this week (two 2-dive days) in our cool (54F) SoCal waters, and was in the gym four days as well. Lighter weights, more reps, 45 min of cardio up from usual 30 min.

I will dive tomorrow and Monday, four in total, and get to the gym on the non-dive days. I have two 3-dive days scheduled the following week.

The downward trend continues, so I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom