2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Vols played a very good game considering their depth issues. They have a great future with the new coach...
I think so also. A couple years and good recruiting and the VOLS should be in good shape.

Woo Pig Sooie!!! Let's roll over the tide next week.

Miles will more than likely be in BR next year because his buy out is about 13 mil. Not that that is not doable but Louisiana has cut spending to all schools and buying out Miles would not be politically popular even though LSU athletics is only one of two schools, the other being Nebraska, that doesn't take state money and actually gives money to the university.

wow... $13mill buyout? that's high.

If he gets bought out to get rid of him, then the school won't pay that money. Typically the alumni supporters go get that paid out by "donations". For example, when Shula was bought out, he still had $4 million of "buyout" on his contract. It was easily raised by donations from big dollar supporters. The university didn't have to pay a dime. I think if you ask them now after last year, it was money well spent....

This might be Spurrier's best shot to beat the Gators this year. He has yet to do that and wants to really badly.

South Carolina is off to a good year. Question is can they keep it up. Spurrier has been wanting to build a team to take to Atlanta for the championship. each year he's inched a little better towards it. Florida is pretty much the only thing in the east that will stand in his way.

should be interesting.

Hey NetDoc, when is the UGA/Vandy game to decide who is the SEC East doormat? :D

Vandy beat Mississippi this past weekend. It might be able to beat Georgia. If Dan Mullen keeps loosing, he'll be looking to rent a U-haul.

I mean loosing to Vandy and Jack State? wow.....

The Georgia - Arkansas game this weekend was great to watch. Arkansas pulling it out at the end of the 4th quarter kept you on the edge of your chair. I thought that Georgia might have pulled off that "hail mary" pass at the end of the game. That would have been an amazing comeback win if they had.

Auburn Clemson was a great game to watch also. Auburn still needs some improvement though. Clemson pretty much controlled the first part of the game but Auburn rallied good during the 3rd quarter. But it seems like they lost some steam in the 4th. Penalties really hurt them......

In the end I thought Clemson was going to win. Especially when in OT Auburn didn't put 7 points on the board. I bet after Clemson lost, their kicker got duct taped up in the locker room. Of course if there wasn't a penalty on the center for an illegal "hike" (ball movement), he wouldn't have had to re kick it. sucks for them....

the Top 25 is out.

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS

1 Alabama (53) - same as last week
2 Ohio State (5)
3 Boise State (1)
4 TCU
5 Oregon
6 Nebraska
7 Texas (1)
8 Oklahoma
9 Florida - up one spot from last week
10 Arkansas - up two spots from last week
11 Wisconsin
12 South Carolina - up one spot from last week
13 Utah
14 Arizona
15 LSU - same as last week
16 Stanford
17 Auburn - down one spot from last week
18 Iowa
19 Miami (FL)
20 USC
21 Michigan
22 West Virginia
23 Penn State
24 Oregon State
25 Michigan State

Miles will more than likely be in BR next year because his buy out is about 13 mil. Not that that is not doable but Louisiana has cut spending to all schools and buying out Miles would not be politically popular even though LSU athletics is only one of two schools, the other being Nebraska, that doesn't take state money and actually gives money to the university.

I do not know of any other schools absent your list, but the University of Florida dispenses several million to the university at large every year...

Last edited:
Well I think GA is better than they are playing but in the end you can have all the talent but if you do not pick up the W then it is for nothing. They can cry about not having Green but lets face it, championship teams (Alabama) find ways to win without their star players. What I am wondering is what will happen to Mark Richt if he picks up another two SEC losses this year??? It would be a shame if he gets fired but GA is not a school that will tolerate a season like that, esp after their showings for the last few years.

Well I think GA is better than they are playing but in the end you can have all the talent but if you do not pick up the W then it is for nothing. They can cry about not having Green but lets face it, championship teams (Alabama) find ways to win without their star players. What I am wondering is what will happen to Mark Richt if he picks up another two SEC losses this year??? It would be a shame if he gets fired but GA is not a school that will tolerate a season like that, esp after their showings for the last few years.

I understand what you're saying..... but part of Georgia's alumni/fan/school-management's problem is that they haven't come to grasp the fact that Herschel Walker hasn't played there since 1982.....

they're still stuck on "yester-year"

IMO Mark Richt has gone a bit soft. He needs to focus on football rather than touring the state and nation giving Christian inspirational speeches. Some good ole fashion Erk Russell (ex Georgia Southern coach) hand-banging on the lockers drawing blood would be a good start.

I too think that for football Mark Richt is going a bit soft, and thats a shame because as a person I like him a lot. As for Herschel Walker did you guys know he is fighting mixed martial arts in strikeforce? Not a great fighter but they are picking his fights well making them entertaining and winnable for him.

Now on to Arkansas :D I think they won their most important game of this season last week. From here I think they stage has been set and they will play well for the remainder of the season with possibly only one or two losses. Sadly I do expect one of those losses to come next week with what is the best team in the SEC/Nation, Alabama. However, that being said since Arkansas is playing at home their is a chance for an upset and you had better believe me I will be rooting for one!!! Basically saying that Bama has a 60/40 chance of winning that game. As long as Ark plays within ten points, it will be a good game for them even if they loose.

Congrats to your Team Pete!
icon14.gif
Yep, and it looks like the VOLS youth and lack of depth may plague them this year for sure in the second half. :depressed:
Your Vols did just fine: I was just a funnin' you. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom