2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only 70?!? Hahaha. I love you Florida peeps. 70 is positively balmy for me! But that is cold for Florida, I know. You'll need a wetsuit, but do you even have one that is suitable?!

yeah, go ahead and laugh. ha ha ha! [insert sarcasm here] :D yes, I have a 7mm. Will use my thin 3mm Jane and my 7mm shorty and a hood. Fun part will be all the different gear. I have to pretend to be a noob diver, so I get to use a BC instead of my BP/W, attach a snorkel, and lose the jet fins with spring straps in favor something less techie... LOL this ought to be interesting takcin on an extra 15lbs weight. I jjust might look like a noob by the time I change out all the gear.

Wow! A 7mm shortie! Well, I hope that you were able to get out there and didn't have too many buoyancy issues with the increased neoprene coverage. This darn el nino stuff has really been messing with Florida this year.

No exercise on Friday for me. Saturday 3/13 - gym time. 25 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the spinner bike. Fun times.

Good to find this thread. I started walking a couple weeks ago, 6 miles in 1 hour 14 mins. Goal is to start Couch to 5k as soon as back doc gives the OK for jogging. Right now I'm averaging more than 4 miles an hour (pickin' 'em, puttin' 'em down). At 192 with a little spare motorcycle tire, would like to get to 190, no fat.

Wish everyone the best on their workout journeys...

Did have buoyancy issues. I did a mental count and thought I would be a pound or two over, but instead will need to add about 4 for tomorrows dive. Good to get wet!

inventor- welcome!

Getting back into the exercise groove. It was a pretty good week since Monday but would really like to start scaling it up.

30 minutes eliptical
1 hour rock climbing in the gym (up to 11B) & 20 minutes eliptical
1 hour rock climbing in the gym (almost sent an 11C ;-) & 30 minutes eliptical
1 hour mellow mtn bike ride & heading out to pump iron tonight chest/shoulder tri.

Sunday 3/14 - St. Patty's 5k this morning. Beat my best time coming in at 36:33 which I was happy about. I then went to the gym with the husband and did 30 minutes on the treadmill (3.3-3.4 mph) followed by some stretching. Good times.

Arrggh!!! Todays dive, the water was even colder!! 68°!!!! :cold:
short dive, but it was good. Then I went home and took a nap. Still need to clean gear. sigh...

short dive, but it was good. Then I went home and took a nap. Still need to clean gear. sigh...

Yup - Did some paper work, buy just couldn't get to the gear... We need a good lotto ticket so we can hire out some of this stuff!!

And Thank Tou!!!:doctor:

Only 70?!? Hahaha. I love you Florida peeps. 70 is positively balmy for me! But that is cold for Florida, I know. You'll need a wetsuit, but do you even have one that is suitable?!

I'd still be in my drysuit till the temps hit 76F - Brrr! I'm such a wimp!

Sunday 3/14 - St. Patty's 5k this morning. Beat my best time coming in at 36:33 which I was happy about. I then went to the gym with the husband and did 30 minutes on the treadmill (3.3-3.4 mph) followed by some stretching. Good times.

Congrats Sarita!

Back
Top Bottom