2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found it!!!!

No exercise for me right now. Only got in some light swimming/diving over the weekend. Then yesterday went to the ENT for my ear which has been bothering me for a month. Funny, didn't impact my diving (GOOD!). He injected my ear with steroids and it knocked my socks off. Twice I almost passed out, the first time they almost called the ambulance.. yikes. Apparently everybody reacts to the shots differently and this is how my body reacted.
So no exercise for me.. am gonna go to yoga tonight after leaving work early to go home and rest (which is what I should be doing instead of being on this stupid computer!) and see how it goes.

wow! that's crazy! Was that reaction from pain? or just the injection?

Hope your ears heal fast!

ok, I'm in! main goal is definately weight loss! and tiring out my dogs at the end of the day. :D no exercise yet today, working too much today!

RogueTrixie- I take my pups to the doggie park and then run:walk the inside perimiter. My bigger pup is 56lbs and there is just too much running for me to do to get him tired. At the dog park (and off leash) he easily laps me, which is good. End result is happy mom, tired pups!

It was the injection that knocked my equilibrium off kilter. Pain felt like he stuck the needle in my ear, through my throat to the other ear. Not fun. Then the steroids were running down the back of my mouth. yuk. I get to do this again on Thursday. Good news is that this is better than taking steroids by mouth, less side effects, and works quicker.

Got back to the gym yesterday after a nine day hiatus for my diving trip. Couldn't believe how bad I felt taking that long off ... or how good it felt to get back into the workout routine.

Sad thing up there was that the weather was so nasty we were cabin-bound a lot. Mostly we ate ... which was quite OK, but not conducive to my goals at the moment.

But the trip was still awesome ... I posted a trip report here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No exercise for me right now. Only got in some light swimming/diving over the weekend. Then yesterday went to the ENT for my ear which has been bothering me for a month. Funny, didn't impact my diving (GOOD!). He injected my ear with steroids and it knocked my socks off. Twice I almost passed out, the first time they almost called the ambulance.. yikes. Apparently everybody reacts to the shots differently and this is how my body reacted.
So no exercise for me.. am gonna go to yoga tonight after leaving work early to go home and rest (which is what I should be doing instead of being on this stupid computer!) and see how it goes.

Rode my bike 42 miles today (to work and back)
Ran 5 miles
3 sets of push ups
3 sets of pull ups
200 sit-ups

First 10k of the season in 3 weeks

Oh, Hollywood Fla. I was born and raised in Hollywood Hills. Graduated from Hollywood Hills High and BCC. I used to live in Emerald Hills right down the street from St. Maurice Church. I have not been back to the area in 15 years now. I bet it really changed since then.

Did a 3 mile hike at John Bryan State Park along the river on the Gorge Trails. It was a great way to unwind after the 8 hour class today. I love Daylight Savings Time!

Did you hike the upper or lower part. I was climbing at the green site there until 6PM tonight. Still pretty damp though. I love yellow springs and JBSP this time of the year.

Rode my bike 42 miles today (to work and back)
Ran 5 miles
3 sets of push ups
3 sets of pull ups
200 sit-ups

First 10k of the season in 3 weeks

Oh, Hollywood Fla. I was born and raised in Hollywood Hills. Graduated from Hollywood Hills High and BCC. I used to live in Emerald Hills right down the street from St. Maurice Church. I have not been back to the area in 15 years now. I bet it really changed since then.

Small world. I attend St. Maurice Church! I know your stomping grounds... Yes, it's changed a lot.. H. Andrew did a lot to run the good people of Miami up to Broward.

Small world. I attend St. Maurice Church! I know your stomping grounds... Yes, it's changed a lot.. H. Andrew did a lot to run the good people of Miami up to Broward.

That is why my family now lives in West Palm, because of the migration. Yep, St. Maurice is the chruch that we attended also and I was a boy scout chartered by the church. Riding my 10 speed down Sheridan Blvd to the Hollywood beach or out to the Daina beach. Scuba diving the pier at Daina beach. Class of 1981. What memories.

Back
Top Bottom