2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWESOME Sarita!!! Great to hear..

Am thinking of skipping the Miami 1/2 next year and doing the Palm Beach in the fall and Ft. Lauderdale in Feb. Would be great for you to join me.. and wait for me at the finish line! LOL

Hermit Crab and I are doing a 5K tomorrow morning also. Will be c-c-cold.. maybe 60° Brrrr!!!

Today my work out consisted of putting up drywall, small pieces. Took more coordination than strength. Then spackled that area. So, lots of stretching and up and down on the ladder. Took about 4 hrs.

Bob, so glad you got to shovel snow. Did I tell you it was 76° today?
(sorry, it's my job as a Florida resident to rub it in!)

Jenny.... no worry... I NEED the seasons.... wouldn't want snow all the time, and in fact there's been too little so far this year. I couldn't live where you do... the heat extreme is untenable for me... so, you're not rubbing it in, you're just reflecting a preference that isn't the same as mine. :D

1/5 Hit the gym chest/shoulder/tri
Chest
2 exercises, 4 sets, 10-15 reps

Shoulders
3 exercises, 4 sets, 10-15 rep

Tri
2 exercises, 3-4 sets, 10-15 reps

1/6 Fun day

Don't know why I haven't tied into a rope for a while (after 12 years of the sport - 7 years obsessively) But tied in today & had a great time in the rock climbing gym for 2 hours climbing & teaching my swim coach to climb :). Lots of fun!

Then we hit the pool for 1.5 hours of laps & coaching. Somehow for the first time in my life it just magically came together. Finally a total win!!

Just in time. Tick, tock... 12 days and counting... :)!

Swell with doubs tomorrow - this time I have a plan!

5k is done, but still waiting for the final results. The official clock time was 39.05 but we were far back in the pack to cross, so we'll have to see what the chip time was. Attached are some photos of my best friend and I before the race (face with a handle). :)

UPDATE: chip time was 37.19, less thant last one, but not by much. Gotta Starr working on speedwork after the tri.

Attachments

• meena and i.jpg
    meena and i.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 47
  • c'est moi.jpg
    c'est moi.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Great Job Sarita!!

My shoulder was still sore from last weeks unassisted pullup workout, so today I wanted to focus some attention on building shoulder stabilization.
Warmup/Workout:
10# KB Windmills 3 per side
25# KB Windmills 3 per side, 2 sets
35# KB Windmills 3 per side

Whoo hoo! Excellent job, Sarita! Well done. Congrats.
Hermit Crab and I did OK this morning. Hard to motivate a kid who has done NO exercise to prepare. Problem is that when she is running, she makes it look so easy. We stayed together till the very end. I crossed just under 45:00, I think it was like 44:53 or something like that. Good news is that it was 15 minutes faster than when we ran back in November (and she was getting over the flu.. probably shouldn't have run). I have a 5K in a month or so, and want to cross in under 40.
Bob, hope the shoulder feels better soon.
Got the wii FitPlus and am looking forward to some other workouts. It transferred all my info from the wii Fit, so I'm not starting at 0.

Whoo hoo! Excellent job, Sarita! Well done. Congrats.
Hermit Crab and I did OK this morning. Hard to motivate a kid who has done NO exercise to prepare. Problem is that when she is running, she makes it look so easy. We stayed together till the very end. I crossed just under 45:00, I think it was like 44:53 or something like that. Good news is that it was 15 minutes faster than when we ran back in November (and she was getting over the flu.. probably shouldn't have run). I have a 5K in a month or so, and want to cross in under 40.
Bob, hope the shoulder feels better soon.
Got the wii FitPlus and am looking forward to some other workouts. It transferred all my info from the wii Fit, so I'm not starting at 0.

Thanks all!

Bob - I am sorry to hear about your should. I have been using "FreezeIt" on my knees and sore muscles when needed, and it helps me a bit. Not sure if you could benefit from it. Actually makes the skin cool/cold, which is a bit weird. Regardless, I hope that you feel better soon.

Glad that you got back out there running. That must have been hard - especially with a child in tow! :) You'll do fine for the one in a month. I need to figure out how to start working down to a 10-11 minute mile, rather than a 12 minute mile. Time to start doing some interval training I suppose. :(

Awesome about the Wii Fit +. Please let me know how you like it. My Wii Fit has been collecting dust but I need to get back into its use. I just get so freaking lazy in the evenings ....

Thanks for the concern on the shoulder.... nothing debilitating yet, but felt similar things on the right side as when I was overusing it in the overhead position (or the strain/force at the bottom of rapid pullups) like last Spring. Just trying to stay ahead of the curve and "hopefully" get it bulletproof at some point.

AM:
Warmup/Workout: 2000m Row, 9:01 (Needed an easy start for first 1000m and poured it on in the later 500m after I had gotten good and warmed up to come within 30 seconds of my PR... good strong finish)

Last year at this time I could barely see my toes. Now with my feet together I can slowly stretch down and touch the floor without bending my knees. Heck, I know it don't sound like much, but at my age I'll take the small victories and motivation where ever I can find them... LOL

No workout for me today, school tonight. Tomorrow will be a back at it walk/jog a the park and then planning on the wii fit for a workout, trying out the new software.

Last year at this time I could barely see my toes. Now with my feet together I can slowly stretch down and touch the floor without bending my knees. Heck, I know it don't sound like much, but at my age I'll take the small victories and motivation where ever I can find them... LOL
The fact that you even recognize the accomplishment is awesome! Feels great, eh? Congrats. Now, to get the palms on the floor...

Back
Top Bottom