2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adding 5 lbs of muscle mass without changing your calorie intake will result in ~20lb loss of weight over a yr.

lol... maybe in a lab with a good nutritionist portioning your food, or someone with really good discipline! :) I see people that exercise or weight train that become eating machines with little regard to the type of calories they are consuming.:popcorn:

But your point is well taken... muscle consumes much more energy metabolically than fat.

ZDBB.gif

I see people that exercise or weight train that become eating machines with little regard to the type of calories they are consuming.:popcorn:

I've seen lots of people who's bodies do not seem to change even though I've seen them working at the gym for the last 3yrs.

Working out at the gym (cardio or weight training) is useless if you do not control the nutritional side.

I've seen lots of people who's bodies do not seem to change even though I've seen them working at the gym for the last 3yrs.

Working out at the gym (cardio or weight training) is useless if you do not control the nutritional side.

Well... to say it's useless is harsh and perhaps overstated... but nutrition is a valuable component.... all calories are not created equal.

Well... to say it's useless is harsh and perhaps overstated...

an oversimplification.

It is one component of an overall plan.

Bob, LOVE the weightlifter smilie!

I think, no, rather, I know I need the energy rebound and will look more into the 4/1 carb/protien.
No energy was my big complaint last year when I finally quit all exercise. I had no energy. And I am starting to feel the same way. Not good if I plan on continuing on any kind of exercise program.

I usually drink Accelerade Powder Drink Mix after running or cycling. Generally my trick is to make it before working out and then I put it in the fridge. When I come back from the gym, I drink it while showering (I know, TMI, right?!). I tried a bunch of different kinds prior to making a commitment to one brand. This was the best tasting and best at relieving some of the tired/sore muscles that I experience. Oh, I use the lemonade brand. Wish you were closer because I would mail you some.

Edit: Actually, you are in the US. I would be happy to mail you a scoop if you want!

Now that leaves me with a nice mental image and a smile on my face. :D

:blush: Thanks! :blush:

Now that leaves me with a nice mental image and a smile on my face. :D

Okay... off to go to weightlifting practice (Jenny... that's Snatch and Clean&Jerk) :crafty:

Gotcha...I is so much smarter nows! :D
images

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom