200ft dive, but avoids the Chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does anyone care that DAN posted this, on their site?

I think that is the real story.

amazed.

The DAN article:
Through our conversations, Joel never belittled me or made me feel stupid. I suppose he thought I already beat myself up enough. I greatly appreciated him and the overall professional manner in which he conducted himself.

After all, that's not DAN's job. There are much better places to go to be belittled, even without your participation.

Seems to me this thread is at the least hovering on the edge of the special rules for this forum, and outright crossing it in spots.

I wish to retract my earlier statement...I managed to combine two stories.

catherine96821:
does anyone care that DAN posted this, on their site?

I think that is the real story.

amazed.
I am pretty sure that DAN published it to show that no matter how stupid a diver may act or subsequently feel, that said idiot can count on professional treatment without ridicule - so posted so divers won't avoid calling DAN when they feel in need of help, but stupid.

DandyDon:
Does your Edit button not work...?
It does, I just completely forgot about it. Anyway, I apologize for my previous post.

Fordan:
After all, that's not DAN's job. There are much better places to go to be belittled, even without your participation.

Seems to me this thread is at the least hovering on the edge of the special rules for this forum, and outright crossing it in spots.

could you explain this to me, please? PM is fine.

hovering on the edge...sorry I must be dense.

victor:
Maybe someone could run the gas consumption profile given a descent against the current, followed by a swim through at 130ft, descent to 200ft, 1 or 2 minutes, then descend to 220 for 5 minutes, then slow but sure ascend to 60 ft fighting current with nothing to hang on to, then ascend to the surface, I assume fighting the current all the way to the surface. And all on 1 ALU80.
I know that I can drain an AL80 at 200' in just over 15 minutes- that seems like it would be just about enough time for this dive...

Am I the only one who sees it this way...??

DandyDon:
I am pretty sure that DAN published it to show that no matter how stupid a diver may act or subsequently feel, that said idiot can count on professional treatment without ridicule - so posted so divers won't avoid calling DAN when they feel in need of help, but stupid.

It seems to me the Dan Doctor had more facts and more training. Since the diver turned out to be fine could it be said the Doc was right?

Sounds like there was a lot of luck involved next time bring doubles and enough gas to make all of the deco stops needed on a dive like that.

Back
Top Bottom