200ft dive, but avoids the Chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was an unqualified statement many might make in passing, not expecting to be quoted. He's probly not accustomed to remarks becoming a mater of public record on the largest online scuba community in the world. Ooops!

Originally Posted by jviehe
Hopefully by you, you mean the guy in the story.
Or maybe he didn't read close enough to see that the story was a published report...?

uspap:
I read the story again and this is probably how he figured the diver didn't need a chamber ride.
Quote:
After a review of the day and asking me a series of questions, Joel was able to calm me down. He spent a long time reviewing and re-reviewing the case and determined that I probably wasn't bent and at this time the chamber visit was not going to be required, UNLESS symptoms began. (end quote)

You could probably call and ask what are the typical questions they would ask. Of course they won't reveal anything about the incident.

Maybe they figured out he was having a panic attach and that’s why he was having those symptoms and once he calmed him down and really got down to it they realized he was probably ok but if it didn’t go away then send him to the chamber. I think it’s great that you can feel good about going to DAN for help and not worry about being chewed out or told you were stupid even if you are. Guy should be counting his lucky stars but instead he probably goes around bragging about it. If I was his wife I would beat the crap out of him. Well unless he had some nice life insurance :rofl3: if he didn’t I might think about taking a policy out. :D

boomx5:
I hope that's who he was talking about also.

He was taliking to me, I asked for clarification in a PM and he did, he also re stated his position with choice words...

Let it go guys, it doesn't matter.

cerich:
He was talking to me, I asked for clarification in a PM and he did, he also re stated his position with choice words...

Hard to let it go! Though that is the "right" thing to do. Wait a minute, did I say DIR? :confused: I guess <100 dives gives one as much perspective as 3000+ dives. :rofl3:

OK, I feel better now.:popcorn:

cerich:
He was taliking to me, I asked for clarification in a PM and he did, he also re stated his position with choice words...

I get it now. He wants to buy your gear cheap - and that of your murdered buddy. :silly:

Yeah, let it go. If he keeps diving, he'll learn better in time. If he keeps posting, he'll learn manners or else. :light:

boomx5:
Lol...but now the guy has a target on his back that everyone can see. I'll let it go as you suggest but it won't be easy. :D
Hey at least he had his dive info loaded so we knew where he was coming from. Sophomore Padi. :lol2:

Btw, stalking is against the Tos, don't get carried away :D

Do you people really care if a doctor chews you out?

I don't.

catherine96821:
Do you people really care if a doctor chews you out?

I don't.
It's different for the layman Catherine. You have a totally different perspective.

I have worked along side some good Vets, but only know physicians from the times I sought counsel and help - which put them in superior positions. So, yeah - I am glad mine doesn't chew me out. Actually he acts like he gives me a lot of respect - or so goes the act.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom