2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 9 (Oct. 28)

AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (59) 9-0 1,615
2. Boston College (1) 8-0 1,501
3. LSU (3) 7-1 1,478
4. Oregon 7-1 1,417
5. Oklahoma 7-1 1,365
10. Georgia 6-2 949 (beat Florida - what a game!)
17. Alabama 6-2 547 (did not play this week)
18. Florida 5-3 532 (got beat at the Cocktail Party)
19. Auburn 6-3 530 (beat Ole Miss)
23. South Carolina 6-3 196 (beat by Tenn in OT with missed kick)
24. Tennessee 5-3 165 (see above)

Dropped From Rankings
Kentucky 14​

So... right now, assuing that LSU beats Alabama (which is almost a given), it looks like the SEC Championship will be most likely LSU verses Georgia. (what's your thoughts?)

LSU and Georgia are both in the drivers seats.

LSU and Georgia are both in the drivers seats.

As it was just pointed out to me by our #1 Tennessee fan here, Tennessee is tied with Georgia for the SEC East and since they won in their matchup, that would put Tennessee on the road to Atlanta in December. (assuming that they are still tied in SEC standings at that time...)

Georgia still has to play Auburn and either Arkansas or even Vandy could trip up Tennessee. It ain't over yet. If LSU runs the table I would rather play Tennessee than Georgia in Atlanta.

The Auburn - Georgia game is always one of my favorite games of the year.

Ironically, the winner is typically the "away" team regardless of where they play. Since they are playing "between the hedges" this year in Athens, hopefully Auburn will be our Winner!.

Georiga has two conference teams left to play: Auburn and Kentucky
Tennessee has two also, Arkansas and Vandy.

So all of this is still up in the air and it's for sure not a "sure thing" yet in the East.

Of course for the West, LSU still has 3 conference teams left to play. Alabama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. Of course if they screw any of those games up, it's their own damn fault.

LSU, definitely has the advantage at this point; however, this year it seems like everyone but Ole Miss has a shot--if only all the other pieces will fall in place. Ole Miss definitely has the ability to play the spoiler and they may yet.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Auburn this weekend for homecoming--you can look for me playing flute in the alumni band. I hope everyone has a great week. If only there were a way for all the SEC teams to win without another one having to lose-that only has a chance of happening in September if there is a day that no-one is playing a conference game. I do love SEC football.

Georgia has two conference teams left to play: Auburn and Kentucky
Tennessee has two also, Arkansas and Vandy.

Tennessee should have three left. They always play Kentucky the week before Vandy.

My bad -- it's always the week after Vandy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom