2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then there was Tubby and the Auburn players smoking cigars and and stomping on the Eye of the Tiger at LSU. One of the main reasons LSU fans hate him.

LSU fans don't need a reason...they hate everyone. :D :popcorn:

But here is prob one of the most famous things....

The Florida - Miami Game from long ago....

Back many years ago there was the "Florida Flop". Miami was being beat bad at 45-8 with just a little bit of time left in the game. Florida's quaterback was only a little bit shy of breaking the NCAA career passing record.

The players convinced Coach Doug Dickey to let the defensive players on the field drop to the ground and let Miami score a touchdown so that Florida could get the ball back quickly and the QB John Reaves could go on a break the record. So when the ball was hiked, the 11 defensvie players dropped to the ground and 'flopped' around. Miami scored 'untouched'.

Florida got the ball back and John Reaves when on to break the NCAA career passing record that season.

The Florida team went wild celbrating. A bunch of them even jumped into the swimming pool at the end of the field of the stadium, in their uniforms.

Needless to say, Miami was 'pissed'.

This espisode in football history became known as the "Florida Flop"

I remember that! That pool was Flipper's, when he (she?) was the Miami Dolphins mascot. :rofl3:

It wasn't too many years later that Miami was actually discussing dropping football, a concept that would be unthinkable today. There was also another incident (can't recall all the details) in the mid-to-late 1980s that brought about the cancellation of the Florida-Miami series. They've only met a handful of times since (including once in the Sugar Bowl not long ago).

I don't know when this happened, but about 15 years ago my boss told me that when he was at Texas A&M that their band loaded up their pockets with RYE GRASS when playing at TEXAS.

Well, the Texas A&M Band always gets in that big T-A&M Logo when on the field, and they did so in Texas's stadium as they did everywhere else. So when in that Logo formation, it was time for all the band members to empty their pockets of the Rye Grass :rofl3:

Imagine a few weeks later when very green Rye Grass starts to grow on their rivals field in the T-A&M Logo :rofl3:

I don't know when this happened, but about 15 years ago my boss told me that when he was at Texas A&M that their band loaded up their pockets with RYE GRASS when playing at TEXAS.

Well, the Texas A&M Band always gets in that big T-A&M Logo when on the field, and they did so in Texas's stadium as they did everywhere else. So when in that Logo formation, it was time for all the band members to empty their pockets of the Rye Grass :rofl3:

Imagine a few weeks later when very green Rye Grass starts to grow on their rivals field in the T-A&M Logo :rofl3:

True story. It's pretty much a tradition in Texas -- SMU's band did the same thing at TCU one year (and there is only about 35 miles distance between the two schools). :laughing:

anyone know what time the Auburn vs. Georgia game is?

I think it might be 2:30pm CST (3:30EST).

If it was a night game, I might be able to squeeze a few dives in that morning!

anyone know what time the Auburn vs. Georgia game is?

I think it might be 2:30pm CST (3:30EST).

If it was a night game, I might be able to squeeze a few dives in that morning!

It is at 3:30/2:30, but it's not until next weekend. CBS will show it nationally.

It is at 3:30/2:30, but it's not until next weekend. CBS will show it nationally.

I was thinking that was the time....... but was hoping it was going to be a night game as I wanted to do a little diving that morning and would have a 2-2.5 hour drive there and back. So getting back for Kickoff would be pushing it.

(knew it wasn't until next weekend)

I was thinking that was the time....... but was hoping it was going to be a night game as I wanted to do a little diving that morning and would have a 2-2.5 hour drive there and back. So getting back for Kickoff would be pushing it.

If CBS hadn't chosen to televise it, it probably would be shown that night on ESPN.

CBS has picked up Auburn's game with the Bulldogs for its national broadcast on Nov. 10. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. Central.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom