2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm sure that's not true of all their fans.... I don't want to make it seem all their fans are that way just because of a few bad apples.

but like I said, it's obvious the University allows it to openly happen.

Unfortunately, we all have some of those fans who give the rest of us a bad name. Which is a shame because each school in the SEC is a great place to get an education and a fun place to be a sports fan.

best to get your facts straight before making public opinions, sir......
Did you read what they wrote??? That was beyond the pale! But yes, all teams have some bad characters rooting for them. It's just bad to see it on an official site like that.

Well this was reported on national news. I can't remember if it was ESPN or what, but it wasn't local news (that I remember). The commentators were talking about it. I doubt they would have reason to lie about it.

I don't think it was exactly where they unloaded, but I think it was perhaps right before the buses got to the stadium that this happened (but not where they were stopped (which apparently was where you were)).

Yes LSU has some classless fans. The fact is that all teams do to some extent. That is clearly evident here.

Hmnnn... this is interesting The News-Press, news-press.com, Sports, Florida, LSU face off in crucial contest :

News Press:
"When you make that bus ride there, they're throwing stuff at the bus, shaking the bus, rocking the bus, all in our face before we even got off the bus,'' Caldwell said. "And you can't help but notice that big lion that they've got right on the side when you get off that bus.''

This appears to be an eye-witness account, but maybe not. Either way, it sure seems that LSU has a reputation for this sort of thing.

There was an interesting story in the Shreveport times talking about how LSU coaches, players, etc were making a plea to LSU fans to not be classless.

see LSU Notes: Players make plea to fans

Even LSU's athletic director, coach Les Miles, and players Matt Flynn, Glenn Dorsey and Craig Steltz put out this statement about fans and how they acted:

The competition on the field will be healthy and fierce, and your Tigers will represent LSU with pride when the ball is kicked off. But in pre-game festivities, let us all be mindful of the difficult road our visitors have traveled since April 16.” from Cyber-Side Chat No. 95 - LSUsports.net—The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Of course you've got to love the "translation" given on this website for the above statement. It makes it all too funny:

BS Translation: "Look, we're going to be classy about the situation, so please don't you fans screw it up by trying to throw beer bottles at the bus, break out windows, and try to tip it over (see Tennessee 2005), please don't try to set the bus on fire (see Auburn 2001), please don't streak naked on the playing field for ten minutes (see Oregon State 2004), please don't run onto the field and moon the opposing team's quarterback (see Alabama 2000), and please don't throw beer bottles onto the field to the point that we have to stop the game, give Coach Miles a microphone and chastise the entire stadium to sit down, shut up and cut out the soccer riot crap (see 2002 Sugar Bowl)." Without doubt, it's a classy act by Miles and co., but it's a sad state of affairs with the LSU fan base that something to this effect is even legitimately needed.​

Is this not the same school that got into a bench-clearing brawl with Miami in the Peach Bowl a couple of years ago?

You need to re-read NetDoc's post number 249.

This has already been documents that LSU fans have a reputation of doing this. It doesn't mean they did it in front of you. You need to accept the fact that it's being done. Doesn't mean you're doing it, but it's being done. I don't see how it can get any clearer.

Here's the changes from last week.

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 7 (Oct. 14)
AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (50) 7-0 1,599
2. South Florida (11) 6-0 1,503 <-- Up from #5 last week. Who would have ever believed this if you said they would be #2 at the beginning of the season.
3. Boston College (1) 7-0 1,448
4. Oklahoma (1) 6-1 1,399
5. LSU (1) 6-1 1,331 <-- Down from #2 after 3 OT defeat by Kentucky
6. South Carolina 6-1 1,247

8. Kentucky 6-1 1,098 <--- Up from #17, but still not ranked above LSU.
14. Florida 4-2 865
18. Auburn 5-2 488 <--- up from #22 after barely beating Arkansas.
20. Tennessee 4-2 339
21. Georgia 5-2 279

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 8 (Oct. 21)
AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (57) 8-0 1,612
2. Boston College (2) 7-0 1,494
3. LSU (5) 7-1 1,479 <-------- up 2 from last week
4. Oklahoma 7-1 1,421
5. Oregon 6-1 1,355
9. Florida 5-2 1,107 <------ up from #14 last week
14. Kentucky 6-2 719 <----- down from #8 last week
15. South Carolina 6-2 649 <---- down from #6 last week
20. Georgia 5-2 394
22. Alabama 6-2 263 <---- back on the top 25 after beating Tennessee
23. Auburn 5-3 248 <---- dropped from #18 after defeat by LSU

Tennessee dropped from the rankings after defeat by Bama.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom