2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another top 5 team goes down, Rutgers 30, USF 27. USF will probably drop out of the top ten. Boston College is off this weekend and will probably move to #2 but their turn is coming Thursday against VT. This has been one great football season!

I still believe but Tebow is one tough SOB. Great game and congrats to Florida.

Well, I was right the Tigers won. It just wasn't the set of Tigers that I wanted to win. While I do think the refs were rather generous to LSU on several occasions that could have made a difference in the outcome of the game, it was still a good game with a very gutsy touchdown play at the last second. The SEC is not for the weak of heart.

The refs partial to LSU? Wow, I was there and it looked exactly opposite to me. The chop block on Dorsey (that's extremely illegal) wasn't caught and now there's a push to suspend the responsible player ( I couldn't tell if it was McCain or Ramsey). There were several holding calls missed (most notably one that would have resulted in a Brandon Cox sack for a loss of roughly 18 yards). I certainly hope you're not getting info from the commentators on TV- they're as bad as the refs

Here's the link to video of the obviously intentional chop block:

http://[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s"]

The Wildcats were just that... but not wild enough for the Gators. I think I heard a surprising statistic at the end of the game. This was the 21st consecutive victory over Kentucky. CAN THIS BE TRUE? I wonder what the LONGEST win/lose streak is between two opposing teams?

The Wildcats were just that... but not wild enough for the Gators. I think I heard a surprising statistic at the end of the game. This was the 21st consecutive victory over Kentucky. CAN THIS BE TRUE? I wonder what the LONGEST win/lose streak is between two opposing teams?

Unfortunately, it is true, 21 in a row. I would hope that also doesn't count as the longest losing streak between two teams.

The refs partial to LSU? Wow, I was there and it looked exactly opposite to me. The chop block on Dorsey (that's extremely illegal) wasn't caught and now there's a push to suspend the responsible player ( I couldn't tell if it was McCain or Ramsey). There were several holding calls missed (most notably one that would have resulted in a Brandon Cox sack for a loss of roughly 18 yards). I certainly hope you're not getting info from the commentators on TV- they're as bad as the refs
Here's the link to video of the obviously intentional chop block:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

I saw that. I'm not sure how you know what the player's intention was, are you a mind reader? I give him the benefit of the doubt--just like I did the LSU player who had a head to head hit with an Auburn player--maybe I'm naive and all football players are always trying to intentionally cause permanent damage to one another so they have a better shot at being the one to make it to the pros because they eliminated all the competition. It was a missed call. Just as there was a missed illegal formation call on a play that gave LSU a touchdown, just as there was a wildly generous spot that gave LSU a first down on their last drive instead of fourth and short. LSU might have still made a touchdown on that first drive or they might have only made a field goal or they might have been held to nothing, they might have still made the 1st down on the second drive--but the time to replay those two plays would have taken enough time of the clock to probably keep them from getting that last touchdown. However, that's not the way the game played out. We will never know. Officiating is a part of the game and darn it is never completely fair to either team. All in all, I thought it was a good game.

Wow... I must have missed that "chop block" on TV.... (bathroom break or something....) I'm an Auburn fan, but that looked intentional to me (as it was known he had a hamstring injury, right?) Was there a flag on that? Maybe it wasn't intentional, but it sure looked like it to me. You can see him throw his right leg out to go down quicly and then thurst into his legs. Though I'm an Auburn fan, he should have been thrown out of the game for that one.

I did see the head shot though. When it's obvious that its intentional to cause harm, in either case, they should eject the player.

The Ref's did have some bad calls though. One of them was the illegal formation that also had a touchdown by LSU. The touchdown should have been called back due to it. It was clear on the replays that they were in illegal formation. LSU scored the touchdown that definately made a difference in the final score and who would have won. However, I'm confident that even if it was returned and the down was replayed that LSU would have most likely still have scored that touchdown over again.... so I don't think it was the whole reason that Auburn didn't win.

Both teams I thought played really hard. Auburn came to win and played well, as did LSU. I was happy with Auburns performance for most of the game.

The STUPIDIST thing done the entire game though was by Tubberville with that last onside kick. LSU was ready for that after the other attempted onside kicks. It was STUPID of Tubberville to try that. It just put LSU in scoring position and only about 30 yards away from a game winning field goal with over 3 minutes on the clock. THAT IS WHAT LOST THE GAME.

That and that miracle play by Fleet passing into the end zone. What a great play.

This had to be one of the better games I saw all season so far.

Best of all, though Auburn lost, it proved they could play as a contender if they wanted to, like they did against Florida.

The bad thing about this is that it pretty much cinches the SEC West and Auburn looses all chances of overcoming LSU to go to the SEC Championship.

Right now, I'd say the SEC Championship looks like LSU vs. Florida. Which should be a great game.

Although LSU is a great team (and obviously my favorite), I must say we're not eager to meet Florida again. That was one smashmouth, physical football game. By the fourth quarter, players from both sides were going down. I'll bet Hester had to spend a day or two packed in ice after that one. Everyone at LSU understands why Miles went for the fourth down conversions in that game- no one wanted to play against Tebow in overtime.
In LSU v Auburn, the difference I see between the hit by Steltz and the chop block is that the hit by Steltz was called. The officiating was absolutely the worst I've ever seen. If the officials in the SEC are not on the take, then they're definitely borderline incompetent. At least twice, a review was called where they were reviewing the play result before issuing the penalty call (a separate call at the time). As Tuberville stated in several interviews- it was anomolous to say the least (I believe he said: "There's a flag on the field. You've got to work that out before you start looking at (the replay). Unfortunately they did it the way you're not supposed to."
All in all a heck of a season for most SEC teams. I would love to see Ohio State or BC play an SEC schedule. Any one of a number of our teams is a threat at any time- Auburn, Alabama (as much as I hate to admit it), Florida, LSU, Arkansas- just pick one. And of course- obviously Kentucky (grrr).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom