2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Arnold says "We'll be back"
You had to geaux there! :D PS: we'll be back too and this time with a defense.

And we play Kentucky NEXT! :D

Not to worry Doc, they will be in the same position we were in this week. I highly dought they can sustain the emotional level of the LSU game. Florida by 14+

You had to geaux there! :D PS: we'll be back too and this time with a defense.

Watch out for Little Stevie! You all have to play him in the chicken coop.

You know... I didn't like Spurrier when he brought us to our first National Championship. We have the real deal as our head coach now. I think we will be in the perennial hunt for a long time. As will many in the SEC. After all, no other conference can come even CLOSE to the power we have on the gridiron.

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 6 (Oct. 7)
Top 25

1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625
2. California 5-0 1,538
3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511
4. Boston College 6-0 1,346
5. South Florida 5-0 1,339 <--- Who would have ever 'thunk it'

7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183
13. Florida 4-2 822
17. Kentucky 5-1 612
22. Auburn 4-2 248
24. Georgia 4-2 131
25. Tennessee 3-2 90

Here's the changes from last week.

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 7 (Oct. 14)
AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (50) 7-0 1,599
2. South Florida (11) 6-0 1,503 <-- Up from #5 last week. Who would have ever believed this if you said they would be #2 at the beginning of the season.
3. Boston College (1) 7-0 1,448
4. Oklahoma (1) 6-1 1,399
5. LSU (1) 6-1 1,331 <-- Down from #2 after 3 OT defeat by Kentucky
6. South Carolina 6-1 1,247

8. Kentucky 6-1 1,098 <--- Up from #17, but still not ranked above LSU.
14. Florida 4-2 865
18. Auburn 5-2 488 <--- up from #22 after barely beating Arkansas.
20. Tennessee 4-2 339
21. Georgia 5-2 279

captain:
The LSU Kentucky game was a prime example of the mind can will the body to do what it normally isn't capable of. Kentucky is a good team but they were playing above their normal capability, LSU was playing below their normal capability. Take the power of the mind out of the game and LSU wins. I saw this coming weeks ago, I was not the lease bit surprised. If LSU had played almost anyone other than Florida the week before the outcome would have been different. You can train the body to do the right things and repeat all the things you need to do to win a thousand times but you can't control the emotional part of the game.

Auburn is another example of if they want it bad enough that they will play that hard. They did this against Florida. They didn't against Arkansas as they barely won. Question is, what will they do against LSU next week?

You know... I didn't like Spurrier when he brought us to our first National Championship.

you heard this one yet? you'll like this NetDoc.

[joke] (long but worth reading if you like Spurrier jokes...)

This guy that was a big NFL moves from up north to Tuscaloosa and in the lacking of many 'southern' NFL teams at the time, he starts going to a few Bama games...

pretty soon, after a couple years, he's a die-hard BAMA fan with season tickets, tailgaiting, all the 'Bama shirts and hats, etc...

One night him and some buddies go out and get a tattoo of their beloved 'Bama coach, Bear Bryant. Not wanting anyone to really see it, he gets his, a tattoo of Bears head with the hounds-tooth hat, on his right butt check....

All goes well and he's a fan of the 'Bama Nation for many more years....

then.... low and behold, he gets a job transfer, and it's to Auburn Alabama. He can't believe it. The home town of 'Bama's rival. He has no choice but to move.

His first couple years there, he keeps low as a Bama fan, not going to any Auburn games or telling anyone he was a football fan. Then he gets some free tickets to an Auburn game and went. He then rememberd what a great time he missed going to the games in Tuscaloosa, and goes to a few more games. Over the next years he gets season tickets and is going to all the games and tailgating with all the other Auburn fans.

Then one day when he's relieving himself of all the party beer, one of his new buddies notices his tattoo of 'The Bear' on his butt check. They aren't going to stand for their new Auburn fan buddy to have a tattoo of the rival coach on his butt check, so they take him down to the tattoo parlor to get a tattoe of Auburn coach Pat Dye on the other butt check.... and the party continues.

All of this goes on over several years.

As he reaches 'mid life' and has to go into doctors appointment to get his prostate checked, it's been several years since he's gotten these tattoos and they have sagged a little and fadded a little... As the doctor is examing him for his prostate exam, he asks who the tattoo's are on his butt checks?

"Don't you reconized them?"

"no i don't, who are they?" replies the doctor...

"those are some of the greatest coaches of the SEC" replies the patient/fan...

"well let me look again" replies the doctor....

"hmmm.... let's see..... I reconize Steve Spurrier in the middle, but who are the other two oh each side?" :rofl3:

Auburn is another example of if they want it bad enough that they will play that hard. They did this against Florida. They didn't against Arkansas as they barely won. Question is, what will they do against LSU next week?

C'mom Mike,
You don't think that keeping the Dynamic Duo to less that 100 yards rushing is playing hard. I guess you like to see 500 yards offense and 40+ points from both teams. Well, I like defensive smash mouth games and that was a very good one.

When teams can't spell... It appears that FSU's team got their letters mixed up and showed up at SFU's campus. I am WAY impressed with their team this year. I hope they take it all the way! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom