2 x Molokini or add Lanai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocean front doesnt really bother me. I suppose "expensive" really depends on what you are getting for the price but I cant seem to find much around or under $1300USD per night. A lot of places are already booked out for the dates I am travelling between 16th-23rd Feb....

Thanks I will have a look....a bit of a typo on the last one I meant to say $130 per night

Fancy place, 130 a night :)

I spend 40 but then again I'm a cheapo. www.vrbo.com is good for any condo complex or private home on the island.

T-minus 707 minutes and counting....

Everyone,

Thanks for all the great suggestions, tips, photos and patience with a newbie diver.

Based on the great input from this board, I've booked a boat dive with B&B (hopefully Molokini) and a trip with Extended Horizons to dive Lanai. We've also booked a whale watching tour with PWF.

You all are great. Thanks ever so much for sharing your experiences with me. I will be happy to do the same for someone else in the future.

If you see a short, fat, balding, sunburned tourist type with a smile you can't slap off, it's probably just me.

Aloha. T minus 703 minutes.................

Al Mialkovsky:
Fancy place, 130 a night :)

I spend 40 but then again I'm a cheapo. www.vrbo.com is good for any condo complex or private home on the island.
Al -- you also come for a really long stay, and during low season. The Maui Vista link I gave is $130/night during high season, with 1-week stays... I payed $60/night in Sep/Oct. :D

Just a quick pole for those that are interested.... What 2 islands would you dive at if you had to choose 2 only.... I am going to choose 1 as Maui but would like a second.

Kryochek:
Just a quick pole for those that are interested.... What 2 islands would you dive at if you had to choose 2 only.... I am going to choose 1 as Maui but would like a second.
I haven't done it, but if I was going to go diving on another island, I'd take the general consensus of this board and pick the Big Island.

Seems to be the consensus....The Manta night dives seem really cool and a must do.

Back
Top Bottom