2 x Molokini or add Lanai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The outer north side of Honolua bay is the only dive spot where I've looked up from 35' and watched waves with surfers riding pass overhead. It was a bad day and Extended Horizons did a couple Maui dive spots instead of braving the crossing to Lanai.

How was the viz at Honolua that day? I mean, it seems pretty crazy for there to be diving underneath waves worth riding! :)

Any good suggestions/recommendations on both dive operators and places to stay during early Feb whilst on Maui?? I will be there for about 5 days....

Good question KrisB... I really have no knowledge of the area at all but would like to be in a place that has some good restaurants & nightlife etc...

Understandable...nightlife or no nightlife it doesn't really bother me. What would be the recommendations leaving out the nightlife and restaurants??

I like South Maui (Kihei-area). Not as "busy" as Lahaina, and it's where a lot of the activities are. For instance, most of the boats going to Molokini are closer to Kihei than Lahaina.

Really, you can't go wrong with either the Kihei/Wailea or Lahaina/Kaanapali areas. Just don't get stuck in Wailuku/Kahului. You'll be doing an hour or more driving for any diving you want to do.

South Maui is my favortite place too. When we stay there we'll do some diving up at the west end but we leave very very early to beat the traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom