2 x Molokini or add Lanai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link... Any suggestions on the best dive operators in that area??

Shore / gear rental: Maui Dreams Dive Co. gets top marks. And not just from me (a search on this board will show that).

Boat: B&B Scuba is recommended by many; Scuba Shack is pretty good, too; and Mike Severns' Diving will give you marine life briefings that will either have you yawning or saying "holy smokes, that's incredible!"

We dive with Ed Robinson's out of Kihei. We really like their 3-tank Adventure Charter and book it at least once when we're on island. Although Kris has had a negative experience with a couple of the DM's with Ed Robinson's, we've never had any problems with them, nor experienced any of the same things.

Lanai is pretty cool but if I could go back and only do 2 dives I'd probably do 2 on Molokini ...one at a mooring inside and the other as a drift on the outside.

michael p:
Any recommendations for a nice viewpoint of the crazies surfing those monster waves?

If you want to see excellent footage of the action at Jaws (and a lot of other huge spots) rent a movie called "Riding Giants". It's a documentary of big wave riding, and is just absolutely stunning. I rented it when it first came out and watched it three times in a week (I had to pay some late fees for that one). Now it's on my Christmas list. Some of the footage actually gave me goosebumps. Even my non-surfing wife liked it.

David

I own Riding Giants, amazing stuff.

I go out with B&B. They make me happy :)

Where does everyone stay whilst in the area. Everything I can see appears to be very expensive. I really just want something simple (Aircon, double bed, tv) that is close to the dive shop and some other shops that I can eat at.....

Kryochek:
Where does everyone stay whilst in the area. Everything I can see appears to be very expensive. I really just want something simple (Aircon, double bed, tv) that is close to the dive shop and some other shops that I can eat at.....
=================================

Been in a while since I've been there but last time I stayed a couple streets off of Lahaina in an efficiency/condo style place. Lahaina Divers helped me find it. Was able to stock the fridge and cook some meals there which saved a few bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom