1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
hmm hmm hmmm relak relak ..... good intentions, but the passion just got the ..... of him
[/hijack]

you know, I think you two could be long lost brothers. He really looks like you in his picture! hehehehehehee :D

[/end hijack]

paolov:
HOWEVER YOUR COMPANIONS HAVE NOT CONTEMPLATED THEIR OWN PREPARATION PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL and mental. they are unsafe to themselves and may pose to spoil your plan.
This would be wrong. I won't speak for everyone going but to assume this and paint everyone with the same brush would be incorrect. Yes, anyone who hasn't given the dive profile some thought should really be looking if this is something they want to do but:

1) Some have given the profile thought and/or

2) Some may not be wanting to do more than 3-4 dives and will sit out some of them

Anybody with sufficient dive experience are capable of 10 dives, it's all a matter of what's gonna happen AFTER those 10 dives. Even if you've planned the depth and time, or how physically fit you are at present . . . it's the aftermath of the activity that we should be worried about. I, myself thought about pushing myself to the limits, but had second thoughts.

Anilao do lack medical facilities with the proper equipment that can detect or resolve DCS as well as doctors that specializes in Diving related illnesses.

ishbaby:
Anybody with sufficient dive experience are capable of 10 dives, it's all a matter of what's gonna happen AFTER those 10 dives. Even if you've planned the depth and time, or how physically fit you are at present . . . it's the aftermath of the activity that we should be worried about. I, myself thought about pushing myself to the limits, but had second thoughts.

well said! i sincerely beleive though that if the subsequent dives are spent at a depth shallower than 30 feet the body will be offgassing and not incurring any more nitrogen absorption. im so sure of it im wiling to test it myself:)

but like i said so many times, i dont suggest you guys push it, this is not a game, if you are tired or fatigued its your body telling you to stop. beleive me if i get fatigued at dive #x im going to throw in the towel. failure to do so can lead to serious injury or a one way ticket to meet your maker. be wise and prudent, live to dive another day.

chip104:
[/hijack]

you know, I think you two could be long lost brothers. He really looks like you in his picture! hehehehehehee :D

[/end hijack]
kryst! i was hoping somebody else would say that! i noticed it before pa pero baka magalit si pao!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

Jag

clgsamson:
ayan ka na naman din ha...sinabi nang hindi ikaw ang nilait eh. Si "emcee" and nilait lait.
:sniff: :sniff:

oo nga... inapi niya ako... nilait-lait at sinabing may bokbok ako sa utak... hello, inaamag ito pero di binubukbok... hikbi

Jag

ishbaby:

Anilao do lack medical facilities with the proper equipment that can detect or resolve DCS as well as doctors that specializes in Diving related illnesses.
did 4 dives last time and was pretty pooped out towards the end of the 4th... i wanted to thumb the dive na rin pero since we were already on the ascent stage and in the 15-25 area i figured i could still take it and do a proper safety stop

it wasn't a fatigue pa naman but considering not much sleep tapos 4th dive, medyo cold, lousy surface weather... pero sarap to wallow on the surface on my back... i like the way the bp provides a nice pillow when you're topside... hehehehehe

INGAT KAYO HA! NO IFS NO BUTS... I WILL NOT TYPE IN A EULOGY FOR ANY OF YOU HERE! (so there)

love
jag

you are correct. my apologies. i generalized... thankyou for pointing it out.

allow me to rephrase...

HOWEVER SOME YOUR COMPANIONS MAY HAVE NOT CONTEMPLATED THEIR OWN PREPARATION PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL and mental. they are unsafe to themselves and may pose to spoil your plan.

and the phrase is only limited to those who MAY go beyond their limits in terms of DCI possibility.

Halthron:
This would be wrong. I won't speak for everyone going but to assume this and paint everyone with the same brush would be incorrect. Yes, anyone who hasn't given the dive profile some thought should really be looking if this is something they want to do but:

1) Some have given the profile thought and/or

2) Some may not be wanting to do more than 3-4 dives and will sit out some of them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom