1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys after our exploration of the Dive n trek area, me and chip were deciding on doing another one. We hit unexplored areas of the adjacent cove which are not even mapped. There was even a drop off below the reef worth considering. I especially like the area which we so aptly dubbed, "quarry lane" for the numerous submerged rock formations. we did S.I. number 7,8 in a barren rock quarry.

After doing 8 dives i think that two more were very possibe if not for the failing light conditions. Some of you may think that we are irresponsible or reckless but i beg to differ. Most of the dives except dive 1 to 4 were done in within the 30 ft. no limit so the minimum s.i could be observed. we also made sure to track our ending pressure group at the end of every dive, only after i was satisfied with the math did we decide to go on to 8. the majority is within 30 ft, and it is all you need as most of the corals and giant clams are located at this depth. why are we doing it? spirit of exploration and cause we can. i like the latter one better:)

So those who think they can do it and are willing to join us feel free to pm me. Havent thought of a date yet but most likely be in MID DEC. We are adhering to a strict schedule. Minimum of AOW certification for the first 3 dives, open water for the remaining. cardiovascular fitness would be an advantage:)

Spoon:
guys after our exploration of the Dive n trek area, me and chip were deciding on doing another one. We hit unexplored areas of the adjacent cove which are not even mapped. There was even a drop off below the reef worth considering. I especially like the area which we so aptly dubbed, "quarry lane" for the numerous submerged rock formations. we did S.I. number 7,8 in a barren rock quarry.

After doing 8 dives i think that two more were very possibe if not for the failing light conditions. Some of you may think that we are irresponsible or reckless but i beg to differ. Most of the dives except dive 1 to 4 were done in within the 30 ft. no limit so the minimum s.i could be observed. we also made sure to track our ending pressure group at the end of every dive, only after i was satisfied with the math did we decide to go on to 8. the majority is within 30 ft, and it is all you need as most of the corals and giant clams are located at this depth. why are we doing it? spirit of exploration and cause we can. i like the latter one better:)

So those who think they can do it and are willing to join us feel free to pm me. Havent thought of a date yet but most likely be in MID DEC. We are adhering to a strict schedule. Minimum of AOW certification for the first 3 dives, open water for the remaining. cardiovascular fitness would be an advantage:)
aw crap! i just lost out on the cardiovascular thing!

Jag

ish: wel defintely wait for you!

jag: kaya mo yan you can always stop when youve had enough, seriously you should join us.

Hey guys,

it's not as bad as it sounds - really a good experience. I was actually proud of adhering to the famous saying here on SB: "Plan your dive, dive your plan." (Note: Spoon did most of the excellent planning, I just went with the flow!). Spoon and I were tired but still able to hold a conversation most of the way back to Manila. The KFC demolition was the one that actually made me super tired!

The adjacent cove was awesome - I actually liked exploring and will look forward to going further. Quarry lane was really unique and I think Spoon and I got a tast of how quarry diving feel like (minus the fresh water)!

Two more were definitely possible. I think if we added one at the beginning and one at the end (a night dive) 10 would be possible. Early morning is actually the best time to see turtles.

Spoon:
We are adhering to a strict schedule.
No kidding about this one!!!! It was BOOM BOOM BOOM - When your diving and it's time to head back to the pier, not a minute late! Once you're out from the dive, you have to re-settle your equipment and be ready. We ate the buffet lunch in 15 mins. This is purely quantity diving to help fatten your log book. Please PM Spoon if interested.

Btw, rates at Dive n Trek are worth the 10 dives!

which adjacent cove? to the left (facing the sea)? we sometimes dive there, simply because there are few other options in D&T. did you guys try the basilica? there's talk about lots big fish being seen on the deeper side of it.

just curious, how long were your dives, especially the shallow ones?

@chip & spoon: will definitely plan it in... you are right about stopping when i've had too much... personally i've never had more than 3 dives in a day so i don't know what my threshold for dives actually is

i'll need to hitch with someone with a driver... i don't seriously think driving back is safe after a marathon dive day hahahahaha

would be nice though to experience a "strict dive protocol" environment... should be a nice option to the more laid back 2-3 in a day

Jag

Matthew:
which adjacent cove? to the left (facing the sea)? we sometimes dive there, simply because there are few other options in D&T. did you guys try the basilica? there's talk about lots big fish being seen on the deeper side of it.

just curious, how long were your dives, especially the shallow ones?
ya, it's to the left side (facing the ocean). We went around the cove to the next one where the beach was. We didn't make it all the way to the beach though.

We dove the basilica the 2nd dive. Had a school of fish (yet to identify) following us for most of the time we were around this area. Big fish, eh? know how deep you have to go?

The first couple of dives were about 45 mins long but we were lagging behind schedule a bit so had to shift down to 25-30mins for the latter dives. Went as deep as 131ft the first dive and as shallow as 20ft-30ft for the latter dives.

Back
Top Bottom