%16 scuba tax in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh? You're 20 miles from Will Rogers which is handy, but whatever. SWA doesn't book fares from Lubbock to Cozumel. I do wonder why, but they do whatever they want to.

That made no sense, but okay.

What? Oh, you're not a Supporting member so you're getting ads that are based on your search history, so I guess you or someone searched for something to do whatever that does.

Sorry if I wasn't clear....
If it would save you $200 each ticket on flights, you could park at my house and fly out of OKC. I figure it is a good idea to appease the resident Scubaboard Accident and Incident God so I don't get found on your google search one day. If not, Parking is $6 a day I think.

Vagisil.....uhhhhhhh....just google it. Getting your hand slammed in the squeeze chute while working cattle is likely to draw the comment from your helpers, "Rub some Vagisil on it and let's finish the day...."

Next time you're in Lubbock, have a He-man Woman Hater Burger, Okra, and Fried Cheese at Spanky's for me. I'm old enough to remember when it was a dingy white cinder block building in the mid 80's.

Again, sorry if that offer wasn't clear. Offer stands.

Jay

Sorry if I wasn't clear....
If it would save you $200 each ticket on flights, you could park at my house and fly out of OKC. I figure it is a good idea to appease the resident Scubaboard Accident and Incident God so I don't get found on your google search one day. If not, Parking is $6 a day I think.

I always try to stay on his good side too.

Vagisil.....uhhhhhhh....just google it. Getting your hand slammed in the squeeze chute while working cattle is likely to draw the comment from your helpers, "Rub some Vagisil on it and let's finish the day...."

Gee you fancy. We went with washing the sand out....

Reactions: yle
Gee you fancy. We went with washing the sand out....

I'm pretty deep into, "if you have to explain it....it's not funny". Vagisil is for vaginal irritation. Now that I think about it...."Go wash the sand out" Is even funnier in that context.

All this being said, @yle was mostly correct in his analysis of my post. Thanks for that.

I will continue to go to Coz even though-
1. There is a 16% tax on diving...but a 10% discount for cash if you dive with the right operator...sometimes free Nitrox too.
2. I'll take a shuttle from the airport and a cab to the airport.
3. I hope I don't need medical care, but If I do litterally thousands of non-Mexicans have had quality care at a cost far cheaper than they would pay in the US. The risk of substandard care does not even enter my mind.
4. I can not put together ANY dive vacation cheaper than Cozumel with quality diving, cheap lodging, great food, etc.
5. The people, the food, the cost, the diving, the ease to travel to, our dive operator, our dive friends, and the General "vibe" of the island are unlike anything I have ever found anywhere in the Caribbean or the world for that matter.

Find me at The Thirsty Cougar after a dive and I'll buy you a Bohemia Obscura,
Jay

I'm pretty deep into, "if you have to explain it....it's not funny". Vagisil is for vaginal irritation. Now that I think about it...."Go wash the sand out" Is even funnier in that context.

All this being said, @yle was mostly correct in his analysis of my post. Thanks for that.

I will continue to go to Coz even though-
1. There is a 16% tax on diving...but a 10% discount for cash if you dive with the right operator...sometimes free Nitrox too.
2. I'll take a shuttle from the airport and a cab to the airport.
3. I hope I don't need medical care, but If I do litterally thousands of non-Mexicans have had quality care at a cost far cheaper than they would pay in the US. The risk of substandard care does not even enter my mind.
4. I can not put together ANY dive vacation cheaper than Cozumel with quality diving, cheap lodging, great food, etc.
5. The people, the food, the cost, the diving, the ease to travel to, our dive operator, our dive friends, and the General "vibe" of the island are unlike anything I have ever found anywhere in the Caribbean or the world for that matter.

Find me at The Thirsty Cougar after a dive and I'll buy you a Bohemia Obscura,
Jay

neither are PC, but yours doesnt not require the naming of the body part, so...

1. On the bright side, your OP maybe be lying on some or all of the tax, so you might NOT be paying any tax after all.

But you nailed it.

I actually went to visit a Cozumel friend in Carlsbad in April. It was interesting but I literally felt it was like a SNL skit. To go anywhere was 6 lanes in each direction.

I think Interstate 5 (which stretches the entire length of the US, north to south, from the Mexican to Canadian border) is the only way in and out of Carlsbad... and yeah, it's probably 6 lanes in each direction around there. I would like to argue that it's unusual, but no... I've lived in southern Calif my entire life and the best I can tell, freeway construction seems to use "6 lanes each way" as a goal to achieve.

I live near Interstate 10 (east-west from coast to coast) and it's 4 or 5 lanes in each direction through my city. Everyone around here thinks giant freeways are just normal.

Hope you got to dive while you were here!

If it would save you $200 each ticket on flights, you could park at my house and fly out of OKC.
Oh thanks, but I hate driving so I am not motoring to OKC to save. I make an exception now and then for sightseeing along the way. I wanted to leave in the morning to tour east Texas courthouses, but they're still having storms over there with some flood warnings near the Irish castle, so next week.

Vagisil.....uhhhhhhh....just google it.
I did. I just didn't want to describe it here. I guess someone in your house has googled it recently if it's showing in your ads.

Next time you're in Lubbock, have a He-man Woman Hater Burger, Okra, and Fried Cheese at Spanky's for me. I'm old enough to remember when it was a dingy white cinder block building in the mid 80's.
I don't know that they'd appreciate your description, but that part of town is like a new world compared to my memories. I was in south Lubbock the night the F5 came thru that part, clearing out a lot of the neighborhood.

I actually went to visit a Cozumel friend in Carlsbad in April. It was interesting but I literally felt it was like a SNL skit. To go anywhere was 6 lanes in each direction.
Oh, the one south of Camp Pendleton, not the one north of the fabulous caverns. I never got down that far other than in transit by it to or from San Diego. Yeah, I-5 is about the only way between LA and Diego.

Learning that the Thirsty Cougar sells Bohemia Oscura is the most valuable piece of info on this thread. YMMV.
Does anyone know what happened to all the Leon Negra on the island? When I was there a couple of weeks ago I could not find it anywhere. I drank Bohemia Oscura instead; it's good, but I prefer LN.

I think that when you compare everything for Cozumel vs Roatan vs SE Asia... cost of flights, convenience of travel, time spent in transit (much less for a flight to Coz vs a flight to SE Asia...), infrastructure available (lodging options, restaurants, etc... and what happens if you have an emergency, need medical care or have to get home quickly?), in addition to the actual cost (even including a 16% tax in Coz...), you'll likely find that Cozumel, by objective comparison, is by far the best value.
With travel time Mexico/Caribbean vs Asia you are right. Where are you getting your info on the rest? The smaller the community the less the medical care and infrastructure will be. Coz is an outlier. But if a bunch of folks all need a chamber and Med care in same day a lot will need to be flown somewhere. Then DAN insurance will be tested . The capacity of several cruise ships exceeds the bed capacity of all of Coz hospitals

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom