120 with pony VS Dual alum 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$109???? Dang, that's a STEAL! I had expected them to be twice that amount. Thanks for the link.

WaterDawg:
mello-yellow:
find some flavored mouthpieces. However narced you are, your tongue can tell the difference between plain rubber and minty one.
Ok, is this a joke? Cause if it is you forgot to add a smiley face.
It is not a joke, and when I get into advanced nitrox (I had not yet), I will if at all possible use different flavor mouthpieces for different gases.

I sense this thread is about to take a VERY different path...

mello-yellow:
It is not a joke, and when I get into advanced nitrox (I had not yet), I will if at all possible use different flavor mouthpieces for different gases.
Mello,

Do us a favor.

When you begin using decompression gasses on staged decompression dives, visually and physically inspect the bottle you're about to switch to, and then use an approved procedure to turn on the correct bottle and ensure the reg in your mouth is attached to that, correct, bottle.

While your buddy watches your gas switch.

You don't want to rely on your taste buds to ensure you're going onto the correct gas.

Trust me on this one.

We don't want to be reading about you after some mishap. :doctor:

:)

Doc,

You're a good man.

mello-yellow:

rubber = air

mint = EAN50

licorice = O2

watermelon = 18/45

cherry = 30/30

Is this correct? What if they're out of mint, can I substitute lemon-lime for the 70' stop?

As a quick aside, would it make sense to put a DIFFERENT mouthpiece on your deco/stage reg? Say maybe a Seacure? This would be fairly definitive even in a blackout situation. Of course "turn on on gasthe switch and try to breathe" method seems pretty failproof too as long as you ensure the bottles are off at the beginning of the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom