120 with pony VS Dual alum 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981:
I am Nitrox certified and understand the risk of using the wrong mix at depth, if I am carrying a stage bottle that it is not for redundancy and if it has EAN 40 it has a max depth of 53ft and a contingency depth of 63 ft.
You might wish to review your Nitrox course.

I have never seen a course that teaches numbers like this.

Don Burke:
You did not hear that from me.

I believe you are _far_ better off using double 80s at recreational depths and staying away from sling bottles for the time being.

The difference between EAN 32 and EAN 40 at a safety stop is too small for the trouble anyway.

Ok I understand that.

Don Burke:
You might wish to review your Nitrox course.

I have never seen a course that teaches numbers like this.

That is exactly what the DAST card used for the PADI Nitrox class say.

the card is broken down from EAN 30 to EAN 40 it give the air depth equivlent the O2 pp and the max for each

DTB1981:

the card is broken down from EAN 30 to EAN 40 it give the air depth equivlent the O2 pp and the max for each
So what's the O2 pp at 53 feet on EAN40? And at 63 feet?

If you have a card that lists those two numbers as the max depths for EAN40, I will pay you $200 for it.

mello-yellow:
find some flavored mouthpieces. However narced you are, your tongue can tell the difference between plain rubber and minty one.

Ok, is this a joke? Cause if it is you forgot to add a smiley face.

DTB1981:

You cannot be serious... PADI lists MOD of EAN40 at 53ft with contingency at 63? Yet another reason for me to avoid PADI tech training...

I thought half the world was doing EAN40 at 70ft for deco purposes. From what I can see, EAN40 doesn't reach 1.4 until below 80ft.

** I AM NOT NITROX CERTIFIED ** so these are just casual observations...

PerroneFord:
I thought half the world was doing EAN40 at 70ft for deco purposes. From what I can see, EAN40 doesn't reach 1.4 until below 80ft.
50 for 70ft deco gas (but deco is done at ppO2 of 1.6) working parts of the dive max is 1.4

pants!:
So what's the O2 pp at 53 feet on EAN40? And at 63 feet?

If you have a card that lists those two numbers as the max depths for EAN40, I will pay you $200 for it.

Your right, I miss typed in my original statment

the card says 53 ft and 60 ft

at 53 says 1.37 O2 pp and at 60 1.49

DTB1981:

Ever here of Dalton's diamond?

DTB1981:

Did they teach you how to calculate these values by yourself in your Nitrox class?

I hope so, because the ppO2 of EAN40 at 53 feet is 1.042
The ppO2 of EAN40 at 60 feet is 1.127.

EAN40 doesn't give a ppO2 of 1.4 until 82.5 feet.

EAN52 has numbers that approximate those..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom