120 with pony VS Dual alum 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water Dawg I talked to to C for over an hour and got some real good advice on equipment and tech diving. And she had me get the DIR book there is alot of good info in it. And she told me what gear I will need to get into the class
I will have to replace almost every thing but the regs and wet suits

pants!:
Did they teach you how to calculate these values by yourself in your Nitrox class?

I hope so, because the ppO2 of EAN40 at 53 feet is 1.042
The ppO2 of EAN40 at 60 feet is 1.127.

EAN40 doesn't give a ppO2 of 1.4 until 82.5 feet.

EAN52 has numbers that approximate those..

It is a requierment to be able to calculate them yourself. I have no probles doing it. I was just using the chart for a quick referance.

DTB1981:
It is a requierment to be able to calculate them yourself. I have no probles doing it. I was just using the chart for a quick referance.
Do you believe your chart?

DTB1981:
The chart is padded a bit
"the card says 53 ft and 60 ft

at 53 says 1.37 O2 pp and at 60 1.49"

You realize the chart is wrong, right?

pants!:
"the card says 53 ft and 60 ft

at 53 says 1.37 O2 pp and at 60 1.49"

You realize the chart is wrong, right?

Your right I have not used the chart that much i always calculate it out
I know what I did wrong though

53 and 60 are the EAD 80 ft and 90 ft are the real depths

DTB1981:
The chart is padded a bit

If you have an OOG emergency at 140ft, and you have EAN40 in a bottle. How far would you have to swim up to use that bottle and keep yourself from drowning?

This is why "padding" as done by these charts and dive computers seems dangerous to me. The MOD of a gas shouldn't change no matter who's table it's on. Trying to swim up an extra 30 feet to use your gas may make the difference in you living or dying.

Again, these are just my casual observations, but the LAST thing I want when I am fighting for my life under the water, is a dive computer or a table lying to me for "my own safety"

I have a plan now tell me what you think. Well I will need the gear to take the tech class. I am going to leave my every day gear alone so if I want to grab an alum 80 with a couple of friends it would not be to big of a deal. My every day set up is a Tusa Imprex pro BC with a Scubapro mk25/s600 Tusa hunter console that has the iq-700 computer in it.

My plan is to sell the Sherwood Outback BC, the shadow octo, and the re-source computer and console

Buy a manifold, straps and a BP wing

Use my maximus reg as my primary and my brut as an alternate

What do you all think?

I say no on the straps (assuming these are to put the tanks together) and get some proper bands. Last thing you need is a tank shift and a broken manifold under the water. Just do it correctly (right?) and save yourself some long term heartache.

PerroneFord:
I say no on the straps (assuming these are to put the tanks together) and get some proper bands. Last thing you need is a tank shift and a broken manifold under the water. Just do it correctly (right?) and save yourself some long term heartache.

Thats what I ment to say. Sorry it is late here

these right?

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/inde...OD&ProdID=16909

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom