01/03/09 Old Goat Birthday Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful day out there, enjoy!!!

Thanks for putting this together, it was a lot of fun. Not a cloud in the sky and calm seas!

It was fantastic to finally get out in Jupiter. Sooooo nice to drive just up the road and be at the dock in under 5 minutes!!!

We got to see all 3 wrecks on the first dive, we were the middle to the back of the group though so we didn't see the sharks. We did, however see the Goliath groupers.

On the second dive my buddy and I made the mistake of swimming across the reef to the east side to look for some bugs. We completely underestimated the width of the reef though and were in for a long swim, burning about half our air. Saw a bunch of flamingo tongues and some trunkfish/cowfish/filefish here and there. Saw a big queen triggerfish. Once we finally got to the east side, there wasn't much contour for the bugs to hide, so we only came upon one group of them. There was one legal lobster and a couple shorts. We did get to see an octopus and a big ol' turtle, and had a grey trigger follow us around.

It was nice meeting some of you, I didn't get a chance to meet everyone though, as I tend to hang out at the back of the boat rather than up front so I can minimize chances of getting seasick. The cupcakes were a nice touch.

Didn't make it to lunch though, as I had to get the lobster on ice and rinse my gear to go spend the afternoon with my girl. Maybe next time!

You guys that was a blast, I love scubaboard :) and my friends :blinking:

Tom you where missed :wink:
Mr Lee:shakehead:

I was married for to long to realize what is meant to have friends .
I never had the opportunity to do a morning activity ,followed by lunch
I guess I didn't wear the pants in the family .I am divorced now so The day was great :luxhello::party::yelclap:

And, I missed you guys, as well. Glad the dive went well. Did you get your birthday sharks, Kim?

I'm working on posting some photos. I'm not able to post the underwater photos though because I've lost my USB cable and my card reader doesn't accept this big of a card. Whiz knows what I'm talking about.

I'm working on posting some photos. I'm not able to post the underwater photos though because I've lost my USB cable and my card reader doesn't accept this big of a card. Whiz knows what I'm talking about.

Who in the world is Whiz?!?!:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom