01/03/09 Old Goat Birthday Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How was the swim?
On one of the Waikiki Roughwater Swims I did, after I was done and hanging out at the finish line, this guy crawled up on the beach and someone ran his artificial leg down to him so he could hobble across the finish line instead of just dragging himself up the beach to the chute.
All I could think of was, "Man, would it suck to see that guy ahead of you at the finish."
I actually did the swim one hellish year when both my legs cramped up and I had to do 2.4 miles with just my arms which were raw in the armpits after a mile.
I think I just crawled to the beach that time.

Hi Tom,

Actually ended up doing 2 swims last weekend - the ISHOF Rough Water in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday and the Delray Beach Ocean Mile. Definitely a good time, especially since the weather was so nice (although the jellies were less so)!

Definitely know what you're talking about with folks beating you. I remember getting beaten by a couple of 10 year olds in my first open water race. Definitely not going to let that happen again! And don't even get me started on the 14-16 year olds that tend to win these events! :)

So, good times were had (but not as good as diving). Loved the photos from you all's trip - looks like I missed a great time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom