American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people get rooms, some do not.
Watch me.
Billing issues?? For god's sake, pay it and get reimbursed.
No, still dealing with the medical ER crooks on a workers comp visit. They have turned me over to collections, even though they know it's WC.

A couple of weeks ago on my connecting flight, the oxygen masks deployed maybe 30 minutes into the flight. They came on the PA a few minutes later to say it was a "glitch" and everything was fine, but they still turned around and we spent the night back in Miami.

Needless to say, they covered the hotel rooms. More than a few people were hesitant about getting back on a plane the next day.

Sure. Who wants to go ahead on a plane full of dangling masks.

I remember a flight that lost power to an engine on takeoff. Firetrucks lined up for the landing, they had a replacement plane ready as we walked off, but some refused to board.

Good Lord what a rant! I've been flying AA for decades and never had any of these crazy problems others talk about. I've flown just post 9/11, recession after recession, and during Covid and AA has treated me pretty well. Sure, some changes have been made to schedules that I can deal with but as long as I depart and arrive on the same day what do I care? That entire day is dedicated to travel anyway.

Gopbroek will get a kick out of this though... The BIGGEST thing that PO'd me over the years was being stuck in ORF on a very early AM departure because a flight attendant couldn't get an overhead bin to shut! GOD FORBID the captain, co-pilot or any flight attendant empty that bin and move the baggage to another bin and let it stay open. God forbid they then tape it shut and depart! We waited almost 2 hours for AA to wake up some technician who had to drive their and then proceeded to close that friggin' overhead bin and tape it shut with some special yellow tape. Give me a break! Everyone on the plane was saying forget about it... what's the problem? It's empty! But no, I guess the pilot's union and the flight attendants union and the technicians union all know you NEVER EVER step on another's toe. What a friggin' joke but at the end of the day I really can't blame them as Sr. management will treat their employees about the same as they treat us... Just a buncha cattle to be kept in a herd.

Good Lord what a rant! I've been flying AA for decades and never had any of these crazy problems others talk about. I've flown just post 9/11, recession after recession, and during Covid and AA has treated me pretty well. Sure, some changes have been made to schedules that I can deal with but as long as I depart and arrive on the same day what do I care? That entire day is dedicated to travel anyway.

Gopbroek will get a kick out of this though... The BIGGEST thing that PO'd me over the years was being stuck in ORF on a very early AM departure because a flight attendant couldn't get an overhead bin to shut! GOD FORBID the captain, co-pilot or any flight attendant empty that bin and move the baggage to another bin and let it stay open. God forbid they then tape it shut and depart! We waited almost 2 hours for AA to wake up some technician who had to drive their and then proceeded to close that friggin' overhead bin and tape it shut with some special yellow tape. Give me a break! Everyone on the plane was saying forget about it... what's the problem? It's empty! But no, I guess the pilot's union and the flight attendants union and the technicians union all know you NEVER EVER step on another's toe. What a friggin' joke but at the end of the day I really can't blame them as Sr. management will treat their employees about the same as they treat us... Just a buncha cattle to be kept in a herd.
They had to call out contact maintenance since we had no company mechanics in Norfolk. Once the pilot wrote it in the logbook per the FAA it required a certified mechanic (including training in that specific carriers procedures) to balance the entry. Probably would have worked fine if the bin had not been overloaded.

Good Lord what a rant! I've been flying AA for decades and never had any of these crazy problems others talk about....
It's all about perspective.
Clearly you haven't flown other airlines enough to see how truly bad it is flying with AA

I used to fly jets for a living, and I can say without a doubt that over the past five years American Airlines and United Airlines have consistently been the worst of the major carriers in North America.

Clearly you haven't flown other airlines enough to see how truly bad it is flying with AA

True, flying out of Norfolk, VA gives me pretty limited options and AA is the one airline that seems to be able to get me to the most places so that's who I primarily use and since I play the airmiles game I don't think I've purchased a ticket from AA in 7 or 8 years.

I used to fly jets for a living, and I can say without a doubt that over the past five years American Airlines and United Airlines have consistently been the worst of the major carriers in North America.
That's for sure.
I remember when United bought Continental, and before the two crews were completely integrated, you could tell in less than 5 minutes after boarding whether you had a Continental crew or a United crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom