DIR- Generic DIR-friendly OW classes in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you mention one operator that does not accept GUE cards? I am really curious
It is possible a dive center may not ever have seen a GUE Rec 1 card, but I suspect they have at least heard of GUE and can read on the card that it is an OW cert like any other agency's.

Can you mention one operator that does not accept GUE cards? I am really curious
Cannot give you names as I do not have them, my best buddy who travels a lot had few encounters in Egypt and other places where they did not want to take his fundies card but where satisfied with his PADI AOW.

It is possible a dive center may not ever have seen a GUE Rec 1 card, but I suspect they have at least heard of GUE and can read on the card that it is an OW cert like any other agency's.
Given that the dive pro cousin of a friend of mine living in Brazil had never heard of NAUI, I woudln't be so sure. Some in the dive industry live in a bubble.

An unwillingness to accept a GUE card is a red flag to me.

Cannot give you names as I do not have them, my best buddy who travels a lot had few encounters in Egypt and other places where they did not want to take his fundies card but where satisfied with his PADI AOW.
Your buddy's story isn't evidence that even in Egypt a dive center would not accept a GUE Rec 1 card, which is what the OP here would be considering. OW certification is a prerequisite for Fundies, but the Fundies card itself isn't an OW cert card. A GUE Rec 1 card is an OW cert card.

One more upvote for aquí water sports, lauderdale by the sea.

Because I don't want to ruin my marriage, when my wife wants to get certified, Ryan @custureri will be the one to certify her. Same with my daughter when she's old enough (may be later than ten).

I'm not that familiar with the SFla instruction scene but training at Aqui is solid. Definitely a significant step above anything in my area.

Also ask him where he is planning to dive or if he want to travel. Many operators on resorts do not know what GUE is. So they might still want to do a PADI cert for that purpose.

My dive buddy couldn't get a nitrox fill at a local, well known, S Florida dive shop because the employee didn't think his IANTD Trimix instructor card allowed for Nitrox.

My dive buddy couldn't get a nitrox fill at a local, well known, S Florida dive shop because the employee didn't think his IANTD Trimix instructor card allowed for Nitrox.
As the joke goes, he should have retorted, "Okay, then give me trimix 32/0."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom