Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The partial lockdown in Bali is until 19th Jul and if that does not stop the spreading then probably it will be extended and expended to other areas on the island.
What is happening in other parts of the country is none of Bali concern.
The only concern is the availability of vaccine.
Bali is an island of 4m population. How difficult it is to contain the spreading of an contagious disease? If they cannot do it then Indonesia is beyond hope.
How difficult? Well, very difficult. Bali is a part of Indonesia. So your remark the what happening in other parts of the country is none of Bali concern is nonsense. More vaccines to Bali means lss to other parts. The new regulations, which by the way are all over Java and many other parts of the country already, will last as long as necessary. Numbers of infections and deaths are steeply rising practically everywhere. Jakarta as a city and the many industries in Indonesia are far more important for the economy of Indonesia than Bali.

Also another update:

Indonesia changed the quarantine, use to be 5 days now you have to do 7 nights 8 days when you arrive in Jakarta.

I can also confirm that be for you board a flight to Jakarta they check and double check that you have valid visa, letter of invitation, COVID vaccine record, valid PCR test, and hotel booking for the quarantine along with your registration on the PHRI government hotel site for the quarantine.

How difficult? Well, very difficult. Bali is a part of Indonesia. So your remark the what happening in other parts of the country is none of Bali concern is nonsense. More vaccines to Bali means lss to other parts. The new regulations, which by the way are all over Java and many other parts of the country already, will last as long as necessary. Numbers of infections and deaths are steeply rising practically everywhere. Jakarta as a city and the many industries in Indonesia are far more important for the economy of Indonesia than Bali.

Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam were doing ok until beginning of Apr when suddenly everything collapsed!

If Indonesian Gov want to treat everyone equally or given priority to certain area is entirely up to them.

But Bali is an small island of 4m so control is NOT that difficult.
Look at peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. Did you not notice the similarity? It is a lot easier for Singapore to control the movement of their own people. Can't say the same for Malaysia. KL is still lock down while SQ flew to Phuket.
How about Thailand and Phuket? Bangkok is the epic centre for infection in the country but Phuket have been receiving foreign tourists for a week already. Her PM is not willing to lock down Bangkok for economical reason and they are paying the price for that now.
I had said it few times if Indonesia could not stop the spreading of the infection in Bali then the rest of the country is in serious serious trouble.

No need to agree or disagree what I had said. Wait and see.

Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam were doing ok until beginning of Apr when suddenly everything collapsed!

If Indonesian Gov want to treat everyone equally or given priority to certain area is entirely up to them.

But Bali is an small island of 4m so control is NOT that difficult.
Look at peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. Did you not notice the similarity? It is a lot easier for Singapore to control the movement of their own people. Can't say the same for Malaysia. KL is still lock down while SQ flew to Phuket.
How about Thailand and Phuket? Bangkok is the epic centre for infection in the country but Phuket have been receiving foreign tourists for a week already. Her PM is not willing to lock down Bangkok for economical reason and they are paying the price for that now.
I had said it few times if Indonesia could not stop the spreading of the infection in Bali then the rest of the country is in serious serious trouble.

No need to agree or disagree what I had said. Wait and see.
Indeed we are in very serious trouble. Which by the way is not related to Bali that much.

Wait and see.
By November!

It took India to flush out Delta variant. I don’t see Indonesia is any better than India.

If Indonesia is tackling the situation like India, which I highly doubt, as India is vaccines producer and Indonesia is vaccines consumer, we’d see things get worse up to September. The pandemic would peak up at the earliest by mid September. Then it’d start to fall and reach baseline at the earliest by November.

My bet is we won’t see Bali is back to the baseline by the end of this year. They may open it to tourists earlier for economic reason.

7C2DB29F-6F6D-466B-A3FB-004C7DF64D3B.jpeg

Indeed we are in very serious trouble. Which by the way is not related to Bali that much.
Indonesia has about 6,000 inhabited islands and total population of about 270m.
Over half of them live in Java(151.5m, 56%) while 58m(22%) live in Sumatra. 80% of the total population live on two islands only!!!
I had travelled across Java once and could not believe how densely populated it was. There were hardly any empty space between city/town/village.
How the Gov going to implement the partial lock down successfully would be very challenging!!
Another question is the vaccine, sinovac is less effective against delta.

I have a trip to Sangalaki then Bali in August. I request to reschedule it to next year, but the liveaboard would not make any decision until June. They are dreaming if Bali will be open for American tourists by August, much less going to outside Bali.
Just got a confirmation from my travel agent, Tim Yeo of Bluewater Dive Travel | Scuba diving travel agency - Book Liveaboards and Resorts, that White Manta Diving - Home is officially rescheduled my trip (including visiting Bali afterwards) to August 2022.

Graphs say more than words. The most scary word at the moment: Exponential . The pandemic is now spreading very fast all over the archipelago . Steep rising numbers at Papua, Maluku and Sulawesi as well. In 3 weeks from less than 300 deaths to more than 1.000 daily, with the sharpest rise this last week. Indonesia COVID: 2,379,397 Cases and 62,908 Deaths - Worldometer

Graphs say more than words. The most scary word at the moment: Exponential . The pandemic is now spreading very fast all over the archipelago . Steep rising numbers at Papua, Maluku and Sulawesi as well. In 3 weeks from less than 300 deaths to more than 1.000 daily, with the sharpest rise this last week. Indonesia COVID: 2,379,397 Cases and 62,908 Deaths - Worldometer
I have been posting the grim charts way back in April (page 6). Indonesia looks like India back in April and it took India 4 months to get over it.

78E5C4FF-B6B5-43C3-AF54-CEFE9DDCB032.png
39270326-411F-4CBE-A354-C7A72F059804.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom