Mask cleaning by Apex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There used to be a product, I think I still have some, that worked pretty well using a similar application method but this looks pretty simple, cheap and effective. I too doubt it will hold up to many wet exposures but should handle a normal day of diving.

in our country we had special antifogging tool for military and civil gas masks:
211947410_d74482f08d0f53bc375e674532f85b6b_800.jpg

it is SOAP PENCIL :)
yes, it made from standard laundry soap :)

here is manual translation:
"On the cleanly wiped inner surface of the glass with a "pencil", 5-6 strokes of lubricant in the form of a grid are applied without strong pressure, then exhale on the glass and evenly rub the lubricant in circular movements with a finger so that the glass becomes transparent. After that, you should again exhale on the glass to check its anti-fogging, if the glass is fogged up, the lubrication must be repeated."
post-25704-0-17633600-1610362806.jpg

use for your pleasure! :)
post-25704-0-62965700-1602259706.jpg

I found out that toothpaste works the best. Always carry a travel sized tube of toothpaste in my kit

All I ever use is spit and have never had a mask fog up.

Apparently spit is being looked upon less favorably in some situations (crowded charters?) due to the plague, from what I’ve read online.

Apparently spit is being looked upon less favorably in some situations (crowded charters?) due to the plague, from what I’ve read online.

you'd think those people that are this apprehensive about the plague... would remain isolate in safety at home..

feels like an oxymoron...double entendre certainly intended :wink:

Never thought of a steam test after cleaning. Shall give it a go.:)

All masks are different. Some need no special attention and some require an initial burn-off. I apply baby shampoo and rinse before each and every dive and it works for me. I have found spit to be not so effective.

Back
Top Bottom