Money on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am making the now daily trek to the ATM for money to pay my dive bill, but is there an easier way? Can I go to a bank and get it all at once?

I do not have an answer for you. My response is just to point out how changing one word in your statement, dive, to another word, bar, takes this from a perceived hassle to a perceived problem.
Hmmmm….:wink:

Erik

Ask them if they will take Zelle or PayPal

Xoom, (not zoom...) is my go to and is now part of paypal. Send the money to yourself and then go to the Electra across 11 from Mega to the Azteca bank in the back with your passport and the transaction number and pick it up.

And they warn you before you send it, if there will be a delay. They used to 'surprise' you with a delay.

I think the limit per send at Electra is like 66,000 pesos right now.

upload_2021-5-16_18-6-28.png

I am making the now daily trek to the ATM for money to pay my dive bill, but is there an easier way? Can I go to a bank and get it all at once?

i guess it depends on how big your bill is :)

Leave a hefty deposit or asked to be billed monthly.

We use Zelle with our dive op. It's a sign of a good dive op that makes payments easy and secure for their customers.

Ask them if they will take Zelle or PayPal
Or Venmo - no fee using debit card, but I think he's already considered all those. He's looking for a larger daily transfer of funds than ATM dispersals allow, and I think Xoom is his best answer. I've heard the first time takes longer.

Does your bank have to support either Zellweger or VenMo? I use a credit union and they don't offer it.

Does your bank have to support either Zellweger or VenMo? I use a credit union and they don't offer it.
Zell, yes. Venmo just charges your debit card, so I don't know.

Zellweger

4331f19ca4929649d3b5731e302ed765.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom